Advice Please:1900 or Chef Mickey's?

DissyLove

Who are these children and why are they calling me
Looking for a little advice-we've narrowed our charecter meal down to either 1900 Park Fare or Chef Mickey's for my family including myself, my husband, and two children, ages 4 (girl) and 7(boy). My son loves pooh so we are meeting with him at the CP one day for lunch, and my daughter likes both Mickey and friends and Cinderella and friends. Any recommendations, breakfast or dinner at either place preferable, and why?

Thanks for the advice and help! :wave:

I would say Chef Mickey's for kids. My husband and I ate at 1900 Park Fare while on our honeymoon in September and while it was good (we were there for dinner), I am a pickey eater and I did not think the choices were great. I also thought it was a bit on the pricey side for what we got...I have had dinner at Chef Mickey's and I thought the food was very good, nice choices for kids too and the interaction with the characters was awesome. It's just a more fun atmosphere...good luck!

We have done breakfast at both 1900 and Chef Mickey's and dinner at chef Mickey's. Personally we loved breakfast at both and dinner at CHef Mickey's was ok. The food was average and pricey, but the entertainment was great. The breakfast food was better at 1900 and the interaction was about the same at both. Chef Mickey's is a very fun atmosphere at either meal and a lot of fun for kids, of all ages!

We are trying dinner at 1900 with Cinderella and Prince Charming this trip in 3 days and we can't wait! Try the strawberry soup at 1900 Park Fare, it is GREAT!

Have a great trip!

Thanks everyone, it is great to hear the feedback, keep it coming! So, if we do breakfast, should we do Chef Mickeys, and if we decide on dinner, 1900? And they are both charecter meals and buffets at both places?

Our family (myself, DH, DD(2)) went to both this past Oct. Breakfast and dinner at 1900 and dinner at Chef Mickey's.
Chef Mickey character interaction was great and food was just ok.
1900 dinner character interaction was excellent for the mice (Suzy and Perla). Cinderella was polite but just a quick autograph and photo. Food was still just ok.
We however loved 1900 breakfast. Food and character interaction were excellent. That morning was Alice, Pooh & Tigger with Mary Poppins and Bert in the lobby.

JMO.

Another vote for 1900 PF for breakfast. It was my DH & DS's favorite character meal. CM is fun for breakfast, but neither the food nor the character interaction compares to 1900 PF, IMHO. If I were going to do both, I'd go to 1900 PF for breakfast, & CM for dinner. Have a great trip! :)

We have done both for breakfast. Lots of character attention at Park Fare 1900. We could not get into Chef Mickeys so we went there. Food was good. DD is much more into Mickey and Minnie than Pooh, Alice, Mary Poppins etc, so we will head to Chef Mickeys for breakfast probably...unless

is there another Mickey character meal at a better restaurant?

We liked Chef Mickey's but my girls didn't care for Park Fare 1900

We went to Chef Mickey's last week and thought it was one of ours best meals. There was a good selection of food. My kids actually ate. The kids loved Mickey & Friends. We thought it was really fun. This will definately be a first night tradition for us. Haven't ever done 1900 Park Fare.

1900 Park Fare was the best breakfast buffet I'd ever had!! Having characters there made it even better! The food is awesome. We felt like we got our moneys worth from this one. My kids loved it. Characters were great.

720L said:
1900 Park Fare was the best breakfast buffet I'd ever had!! Having characters there made it even better! The food is awesome. We felt like we got our moneys worth from this one. My kids loved it. Characters were great.

Another vote for CM breakfast. I love this place and it is so much fun and the kids get involved also. they have everything from Mickey cereal to eggs and Mickey waffles. Can't go wrong. :cool1:

We've done 1900 for dinner. The character interaction was poor when we were there, the food was marginal, and it was pricey. We won't do that one again.

We've also done Chef Mickey's for dinner a few times. Great character interaction -- the napkin dances are a hoot for kids. Food was good for a buffet. DD really enjoyed the decorate your own cupcake (but didn't eat it). Felt we got good value. I would choose this over 1900 any day!

We've not been to CM - going in January for the first time - but we loved 1900. It was the only character meal that she ate any food. The kids buffet was really well done and had LOTS of different choices. You can't go wrong with 1900.

Shelly

Have done CM and 1900 for breakfast - neither for dinner.

I LOVED 1900. The atmosphere is gorgeous, well, the whole GF is gorgeous, the food was excellent, and I ADORE those characters.

I think it depends alot on which characters you want to see. My fave is Mary Poppins, and she is incredible! We are not as big on the Mickey and friends characters, we can take them or leave them. Alice, Bert, etc are great! Food is pretty good both places for breakfast.

My vote is for Chef Mickey's the atmosphere is awesome. I took my daughter and her friend last year and while I can't remember the food I can tell you that the character interaction was awesome.

I think for two children and since you are already doing Crystal Palace to do CM's.

We did 1900 last February and had a wonderful time. I have booked it this time around for our daughter's 4th birthday as she is so in love with Cinderella. We found the character interaction was great. The mice were around frequently and Cinderella came around twice. Prince Charming came around once and then got down on one knee to say good bye to Julia. She was completely smitten :love: . The Fairy Godmother was really sweet too (she is in the lobby).

We are going to book Chef Mickeys for a breakfast and I hope it will be good. I think it would be nice to see Minnie and Mickey.

Kerri

Woodcourt said:
We have done both for breakfast. Lots of character attention at Park Fare 1900. We could not get into Chef Mickeys so we went there. Food was good. DD is much more into Mickey and Minnie than Pooh, Alice, Mary Poppins etc, so we will head to Chef Mickeys for breakfast probably...unless

is there another Mickey character meal at a better restaurant?
Woodcourt, I do know the Garden Grill restaurant in Epcot has Mickey and pals, but it will be closed for refurbishment Jan.-Feb. I am told. But I have been there before, it is served family style, charecters (Mickey and gang) are dressed in farmer clothing for a down home kind of meal, in the rotating dining room. I kind of liked that one for a change of pace. Looking forward to trying either 1900 or CM this time.....

For us it would have to be Chef Mickey's. My daughter adores Mickey and Donald and is completely uninterested in the Princesses. When she's older and maybe a bit more into the Girls we'll probably go there. But for now it's Mickey and the Gang. We thought the food was actually quite good for dinner. After the reviews we read we were expecting barely edible food but we were pleasantly surprised. Not a ton of food to choose from, but more than enough for us. Could have used more than one vegetable though.

DissyLove said:
Looking for a little advice-we've narrowed our charecter meal down to either 1900 Park Fare or Chef Mickey's for my family including myself, my husband, and two children, ages 4 (girl) and 7(boy). My son loves pooh so we are meeting with him at the CP one day for lunch, and my daughter likes both Mickey and friends and Cinderella and friends. Any recommendations, breakfast or dinner at either place preferable, and why?

Thanks for the advice and help! :wave:

We ate at both in October and we would recommend Chef Mickey's. 1900 Park Fare has a bad layout for tables and the buffet. Chef Mickey's is more comfortable.

Chef Mickeys Hands down!!! It was the best character meal we've ever had! Food was GREAT! Character interaction was amazing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter