Advice on receiving $ via PayPal?

meryll83

All it takes is faith and trust...
Renting out some DVC points and wondered about the logistics of PayPal...

If someone sends me $, will that create a separate $ balance in my PayPal account? (I know there'll be a fee to withdraw this in £)

Yes, it shows as a dollar credit balance.
It can be transferred to your UK bank account or credit card at the dreadful Paypal exchange rate.
I think we were charged about 1.4150 when the interbank was 1.3750.

ford family

It can be transferred to your UK bank account or credit card at the dreadful Paypal exchange rate.

ford family
Thanks for confirming!

ford family

or you can keep the dollars there for use when you buy something in dollars.
that's what i do.

Interestingly the conversion just seemed to happen without giving me a choice (or even detailing anywhere that it was originally sent in dollars), it's just landed in my balance in £.

Do UK folk normally manage their DVC business in US$ in Paypal?

I'm a noob investigating.
  • I'm thinking of running a US$ denominated Paypal account.
  • Doing a single transfer into it from GBP to cover initial resale purchase costs
  • Renting out adequate points each year to cover annual dues
  • Paying annual dues from Paypal account
My main considerations are to minimise transactions costs on an ongoing basis and mitigate future exchange rate issues, e.g. currency crisis.

Any advice and feedback, including LOL's, appreciated!

I’m not UK but another international. I just had to rent points for the first time. It’s possible to pay for Disney e-gift cards on the US shop Disney site with PayPal. I’m doing that and then putting them straight onto my DVC account against my dues balance. So far that’s the best I’ve found to avoid losing money in the currency exchange.

I’m not UK but another international. I just had to rent points for the first time. It’s possible to pay for Disney e-gift cards on the US shop Disney site with PayPal. I’m doing that and then putting them straight onto my DVC account against my dues balance. So far that’s the best I’ve found to avoid losing money in the currency exchange.

how much can you buy at a time? i was thinking of doing that as well. Using my paypal to buy disney egift cards to pay the dues with.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter