Adventureland Veranda Restaurant

Napria

It really *is* the Happiest Place!
I read on another Disney site that there is construction going on at the former Adventureland Veranda Restaurant. They reported past speculation that it may become a POTC themed restaurant or (oh yes, please!) an Adventurers Club type restaurant. What are the chances of them bringing back this much-loved restaurant/attraction? I never got to experience it and always wished I had.

I've read that it is going to be a Jungle Cruise themed restaurant called Skippers Cantina. It is going to be like Be Our Guest and have a quick service lunch and table dinner.

I've read that it is going to be a Jungle Cruise themed restaurant called Skippers Cantina. It is going to be like Be Our Guest and have a quick service lunch and table dinner.

Yes, the plan was for a Jungle Cruise themed restaurant, and as far as I know that plan has not changed.

Yes, the plan was for a Jungle Cruise themed restaurant, and as far as I know that plan has not changed.

It sounds really cool, I heard that the waiters are going to tell corny jokes just like the ride.

Skippers is going to share a kitchen with Liberty Tree Tavern and Diamond Horshshoe. It is also going to be the main kitchen where they will make all of the Turkey Legs for the Magic Kingdom.

That's on the 3rd page, I think she can create another post if she wants to.

Search is your friend. Doesn't taker much time at all.

That being said, I posted that so the OP could go there and see the discussion and possibly get answers to the questions asked and to see photos of the construction.

I have a lot that I could say about some of your posts but I'll take the high road.

That's on the 3rd page, I think she can create another post if she wants to.
Keeping things in places they have already been started is good, news round up thread also has a lot of information regarding this.

Where did you hear this?

Not sure how they would go about doing this if lunch is CS.
He is correct that is the plan for the restaurant. If it is a quick service lunch than yes it probably wouldn't have the jokes during that time.

Search is your friend. Doesn't taker much time at all.

That being said, I posted that so the OP could go there and see the discussion and possibly get answers to the questions asked and to see photos of the construction.

I have a lot that I could say about some of your posts but I'll take the high road.

So everytime someone posts something they have to go through 5-6 pages and scan 150-180 thread titles. Just to make sure they don't do a thread that was done 3 months ago. ridiculous

Last edited:
He is correct that is the plan for the restaurant. If it is a quick service lunch than yes it probably wouldn't have the jokes during that time.

I am pretty sure this is going to operate like Be Our Guest at lunch where you will order and then sit down and the food will be brought out to you.

Any speculation on when it will be open? Sounds like it might be a fun place to eat. Our next trip isn't planned till 2017 (or 2018 if the Canadian dollar keeps sliding as it will take an extra year to save up the difference). Any how it seems to take Disney a long time to open new stuff but my figers are crossed! Only did lunch at BOG last time 2 years ago and getting a reservation there doesn’t seem any better. Still MK could use another table service restaurant.

Any speculation on when it will be open? Sounds like it might be a fun place to eat. Our next trip isn't planned till 2017 (or 2018 if the Canadian dollar keeps sliding as it will take an extra year to save up the difference). Any how it seems to take Disney a long time to open new stuff but my figers are crossed! Only did lunch at BOG last time 2 years ago and getting a reservation there doesn’t seem any better. Still MK could use another table service restaurant.
Looking at late 2015 early 2016.

Looking at late 2015 early 2016.
In that case maybe some of the excitment over it will be worn off by the time we get there for our next trip. Looking forward to seeing whay it will look like. Hope the food is good.

i think it will be open by the holidays. Hoping so.... Looking to confirm if it's similar to BOG with QS lunch and TS dinner....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter