Adventure of the Seas Panoramic Ocean View Rooms

RedSox68

Retired 2021 -- All the Time to Travel Now!
My daughter is thinking of booking a solo cruise next year to Canada/New England. She really liked the look of the panoramic ocean view rooms on Deck 12 in the front of the ship (the windows look like balcony doors and cover the wall).

Anyone done one of these rooms? Being so high up and in the front, do you feel the movement of the ship a lot? Any other tips about the room or the ship for a solo passenger would be most appreciated.

if they are similar to the ones on Navigator they are fantastic. I don't get seasick so I can't say much about the movement since it never bothered me.

However, it was a Baltic cruise and it wasn't really hot out, nor did we want to spend time outside. That much window, with sun coming in, the room might heat up. They do have curtains to pull.

if they are similar to the ones on Navigator they are fantastic. I don't get seasick so I can't say much about the movement since it never bothered me.

However, it was a Baltic cruise and it wasn't really hot out, nor did we want to spend time outside. That much window, with sun coming in, the room might heat up. They do have curtains to pull.

Thanks!

I asked about these rooms also, I think that were just added on the last refurbish. Someone on the DIS said that if there is FOG that the Foghorn is above these rooms somewhere and will go off quite often and is loud.
Maybe someone has stayed in 1 and will let us know.

My daughter did book it and got such a great deal for a solo traveler. This question about the foghorn was posted on Cruise Critic and some of the responders said they never heard it. So not sure how loud it would be.

My daughter did book it and got such a great deal for a solo traveler. This question about the foghorn was posted on Cruise Critic and some of the responders said they never heard it. So not sure how loud it would be.

how was she able to get a good deal as a solo traveler - I struggle with this

how was she able to get a good deal as a solo traveler - I struggle with this

YES -- THIS. They really ding solo travelers and it's a disgrace! Like just because you are one less mouth to feed and entertain, you should be punished! RCCL was having a sale and the rooms were greatly discounted. The oceanview she got would have been $2,600 for a solo traveler -- but she got it for $1,200, plus a $125 onboard credit. I didn't think that was bad for a 6-night cruise with such a nice room. NCL has what they call "solo studio" rooms for the single traveler. They are only 99 square feet and costs just as much as what my daughter paid for the 160 square foot room on RCCL! Plus their "window" was a one-way glass with a view of the stateroom corridor!

BY THE WAY -- I just looked on RCCL's site and their rooms are still discounted with the same OBC!

I have one of these rooms booked for our Southern on FotS in June. We lucked out and got room 1864 that is a corner room and has 5 of the windows instead of just 2. Same price as the normal room layout so it was an easy choice. On Disney we normally have a oceanview on deck 2 with the large porthole so I am used to no balcony. I am excited to see the views from this room as we sail the Southern all without having to deal with the heat of sitting on a balcony. I can be getting ready for dinner and have an amazing view.

I hope someone who has stayed in one will chime in.

YES -- THIS. They really ding solo travelers and it's a disgrace! Like just because you are one less mouth to feed and entertain, you should be punished! RCCL was having a sale and the rooms were greatly discounted. The oceanview she got would have been $2,600 for a solo traveler -- but she got it for $1,200, plus a $125 onboard credit. I didn't think that was bad for a 6-night cruise with such a nice room. NCL has what they call "solo studio" rooms for the single traveler. They are only 99 square feet and costs just as much as what my daughter paid for the 160 square foot room on RCCL! Plus their "window" was a one-way glass with a view of the stateroom corridor!

BY THE WAY -- I just looked on RCCL's site and their rooms are still discounted with the same OBC!

Totally punish us solos!! That is awesome that she got such a great deal! I wonder if they are having problems selling the itinerary?? Regardless, kudos to her!

Totally punish us solos!! That is awesome that she got such a great deal! I wonder if they are having problems selling the itinerary?? Regardless, kudos to her!

They are still marked down as of today, but they have lowered the OBC!

They are still marked down as of today, but they have lowered the OBC!

I would definitely check it out but my next vacation I want to plan is a land one to Costa Rica (if I scrape enough money together - recently bought a house but I am itching for a vacation!)

I would definitely check it out but my next vacation I want to plan is a land one to Costa Rica (if I scrape enough money together - recently bought a house but I am itching for a vacation!)

I hope you get to go! I have heard that is a beautiful destination.

I'm wondering -- what was in that area on Deck 12 before they added these rooms this year?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter