Advdvice on how Disneyland can aid me with a surprise

wbn36

Mouseketeer
We are going to Disneyland in July. The last night of our trip my 16 year old daughter will be so sad that it's over. What they don't know is that we are actually going to Disneyworld in December as an early Graduation gift. Is there a special way / surprise I can let them know. I was thinking getting dessert at a restaurant and see if they could write something on the plate in chocolate? Can Mickey actually hand them a note stating "see you at my other home in Disneyworld in December"? I am looking for ideas that people know are realistic and can actually be arranged. Any advice would be great. Thanks

Can you pack a suprise gift basket of some kind (WDW things, e.g. t-shirts, pins, ear hats, etc. can be ordered from ShopDisney.com or the Shop Parks app -- just double check to make sure the items are for WDW) to be on the kids' beds when they return to the hotel room on the last night? Maybe you can ask the hotel to put the baskets on the bed or you can have the kids "delayed" at the front desk or at the vending machine or someplace else while you rush to the room to prepare the surprise?

Make a sign and hold it up during a ride that has an on ride photo, but sit behind your daughter so she doesn't see it. Radiator Springs Racers or Splash Mountain would be good for this. When she sees the photo at the end of the ride....surprise!

OMG this is an EXCELLENT idea! DH held a small sign up on Splash that said "Hi XXX" to one of our friends once.

Are you staying onsite? They have 'in room celebrations' (balloons, flowers, treats) you can order. I wonder if it would be possible to order a somewhat 'generic' one and have them include some type of WDW postcard or something saying "You're going to Disney World!!!'.

If these aren't possible, hide something small-ish in your luggage. When you leave in the morning make an excuse to run back to the room (alone) to get 'whatever' and use that time to put the 'surprise' out for your return that night.

If your last dinner in the parks is TS (either in the parks or at an on site hotel), you can get a custom cake (We should start a Disneyland Cake Thread). Disney will do the cakes for more than just birthdays and anniversaries. You could get the cake to say "We're going to WDW!" or something like that. You could work with the servers about making the cake be a big surprise for your kids.

Great ideas! Does anyone know if Mickey would be allowed to hand them a note that I wrote saying "looking forward to seeing you at my other home this December"

Great ideas! Does anyone know if Mickey would be allowed to hand them a note that I wrote saying "looking forward to seeing you at my other home this December"
No, he would not. He can’t hold signs, pass notes, anything like that.

Mickey can't, but you could! You could stand behind your kids so they couldn't see you -- just work with the CMs on this one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter