Advance check in worth it?

any thoughts on this?

Thanks!
It's better than nothing. Gives you a better chance to get the kind of room you want at the time you want it than if you didn't check in online. It takes about 10 seconds to do, so I'm not sure how it wouldn't be worth it.

Worth what? It is free. Since rooms are assigned 3-5 days in advance of your arrival, it is a chance to submit requests if you haven't already.

There is not special magic that will happen if you don't.

Worth what? It is free. Since rooms are assigned 3-5 days in advance of your arrival, it is a chance to submit requests if you haven't already.

There is not special magic that will happen if you don't.

Never done it so wasn't sure if it saved time , I knew it was complimentary.
So, you can add room requests at the time?

The room requests that you can choose from with online check-in are pre-selected and pretty limited. I just did online check-in for BWI and did not see the option for "second floor" that used to be there. We would prefer a second floor room near the elevator. I ended up only choosing "near elevator" for online check-in and also will be submitting a more specific (indicating my preference for second floor) room request through Touring Plans.

I love online check-in, though. We do it nearly every time and have always gotten a text that our room is ready right about the time we land at MCO. We've never had any problem going directly to our room and bypassing the check-in desk entirely. Very worth it to us!

I use it every time, but more for the convenience of just waiting for the text while I go about my arrival-day fun stuff. I just love getting that notification!

I don't have a lot of requests to make, though, and it doesn't matter to me if they're honored or not. That said, the range of choices seems a little narrow even to me. So if you have requests you feel strongly about, this might not be the best option.

Also, once you make your choices, they are impossible to change online. I wanted to change them one time (due to someone else flip-floppping) and ended up calling ahead.

You can skip the request section when checking in online and submit your requests via other means. So having requests that don't fit the options doesn't prevent you from checking in online. I think online checkin is a lovely convenience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter