• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Adults only areas on Disney Fantasy (pools ect)

dharma517

Mouseketeer
Is the quiet cove area/bar really adults only or will we be watching 16-18 year olds chicken fighting? When my kids are in the kids club I will be looking for an adults only oasis. What other areas are adults only?
Thanks!

The adult only areas are supposed to be ages 18 and up. So, you might see 18 year olds chicken fighting. Satellite falls, Cove Cafe, Quiet Cove Pool, Europa after 9 pm, spa, fitness center....and I may be forgetting some adult only areas. Seriously, if you see kids in these places, feel free to alert a CM. We had a 6 year old in the pool on our cruise--till the CM had a chat with the parent.

I would add the adult upcharge restaurants -- Palo and Remy.

Woody

I have witnessed a belly flop contest at the adult pool before run by the CMs for adults. The fact that there are just 18+ there does not mean that the area is going to be peaceful and quiet.

Quiet Cove Pool area can be quite noisy and the music they play there is upbeat.

Satellite falls is usually a much more relaxing area and the music is quitter and more soothing. Sitting behind the falls is very relaxing, too, and you are out of the sun. If you like the sun, there are quite a few deck chairs in sunny area. I like it better up there than Cove because people with kids don't take the elevator up that far, so there are no kids walking through like they do on Quiet Cove pool deck to get to the main pools.

They are strict about the age restrictions...but it doesn't mean it's "quiet". When we were there, it was quiet with the exception of some adults drinking, laughing, having a good time in the pool...but DH & I were able to sleep through it.

When it gets loud, it may not be the 18yr olds...but those adults young at heart that would do the dares and games CM organize...like my DH...lol

we thought the quiet cove area was eerily quiet on our cruise :faint:

not that we're some wild and crazy people but geesh...leave the knitting project in your room, ladies

18 year olds are allowed. 16 year olds are not. The pool is not deep enough to swim at all - it's basically a sitting pool - so you won't see anyone playing pool games in there. Except:

I have witnessed a belly flop contest at the adult pool before run by the CMs for adults.

These are listed in the Navigator as "adult pool games" so you can avoid them. Although I doubt the cove pool is deep enough for a belly flop contest.

What you will see is the quiet cove is located too close to the forward elevators - and those who come up the elevators will exit the doors and walk through the Quiet Cove. Adults and kids alike. They're allowed to walk through, but not to stay.

Europa (the bar district) is adults only after 9 pm. Some of the bars are adults only all the time. I was at the Skyline (before dinner so it was before 9) and somebody came in with a baby in a stroller. The bartender had to go tell them to leave.

I guess it depends on the crowd. I was told that there was a group on the WBTA in 2010 who complained about the music being too loud at the adult pool so they adjusted it. It's not like a cruise is going to be a retreat - no matter where you are on the ship.

not that we're some wild and crazy people but geesh...leave the knitting project in your room, ladies

What do you have against knitting????? :confused3

(stopped knitting my disney washcloths to post this) LOL

J

Satellite Falls has always been very quiet and peaceful when I've been up there; on our last cruise they had a Jimmy Buffett style solo guitarist. The "pool" there isn't deep or big enough for any real frivolity.

J

:rotfl2::lmao::rotfl2:

Wipes tears of laughter from eyes ...

There will always be instances of people just not being aware or trying to push the envelope on the "no-kids" in the adult areas restriction. On our cruise last month we saw the following:

a man bring a baby / baby stroller into cove cafe and then complain when he was asked to leave.

kids in the adult entertainment distrct after 9PM one night.

a kid sitting at the cove bar with his dad on Friday afternoon ... all the other barstools were occupied and people were obviously looking for a place to sit but it took 15 minutes before the lightbulb went on for dad (bartender never said anything).

It's the first time in four cruises that we've seen this kind of behaviour. The cove cafe is somewhat easy to understand but I can't wrap my head around people thinking it's OK for their minor children to be hanging out in a bar. Doesn't matter if it's Disney or not ... it's a bar ... kids don't belong there ... and I make it my business to make sure they don't want to belong there. ;)

It's the first time in four cruises that we've seen this kind of behaviour. The cove cafe is somewhat easy to understand but I can't wrap my head around people thinking it's OK for their minor children to be hanging out in a bar. Doesn't matter if it's Disney or not ... it's a bar ... kids don't belong there ... and I make it my business to make sure they don't want to belong there. ;)

As far as the bar issue goes, I can understand it up to a point. I can't tell you how many times we've sat in the bar outside Artist Point or in Victoria Falls in AKL with our kids waiting on our table. The adults get a spirited beverage and the kids get an overpriced sprite with a lighted toy on the straw while we talk about our fun day or plan the next day.

We were uncomfortable with it at first, but 1) the hostess people tell you to wait in there and 2) they have kid drinks on the menu. 3) people with kids need alcohol more than singles

Now, I did say "up to a point" because those specific examples were not on the cruise ship in an adults only area. I was just commenting on your "kids in a bar" statement. In normal circumstances, I'd never take my kids into a regular bar type place.

J (gotta get back to the washcloths)

VERY VERY FUNNY!!! :rotfl:

J
Again...VERY VERY FUNNY!!! :rotfl2:
:rotfl2::lmao::rotfl2:

Wipes tears of laughter from eyes ...

There will always be instances of people just not being aware or trying to push the envelope on the "no-kids" in the adult areas restriction. On our cruise last month we saw the following:

a man bring a baby / baby stroller into cove cafe and then complain when he was asked to leave.

kids in the adult entertainment distrct after 9PM one night.

a kid sitting at the cove bar with his dad on Friday afternoon ... all the other barstools were occupied and people were obviously looking for a place to sit but it took 15 minutes before the lightbulb went on for dad (bartender never said anything).

We were on the Dream this last February, on the first day, there was a dad with his 15yr old son in the adult's pool. A CM politely told him his son couldn't stay. The guest became irate saying his 15yr son will not be in the pool with 5yr kids. Once again the CM politely informed him of the policy, the guest and his son left soon after.

As far as the bar issue goes, I can understand it up to a point. I can't tell you how many times we've sat in the bar outside Artist Point or in Victoria Falls in AKL with our kids waiting on our table. The adults get a spirited beverage and the kids get an overpriced sprite with a lighted toy on the straw while we talk about our fun day or plan the next day.

We were uncomfortable with it at first, but 1) the hostess people tell you to wait in there and 2) they have kid drinks on the menu. 3) people with kids need alcohol more than singles

Now, I did say "up to a point" because those specific examples were not on the cruise ship in an adults only area. I was just commenting on your "kids in a bar" statement. In normal circumstances, I'd never take my kids into a regular bar type place.

J (gotta get back to the washcloths)

I was being specific to the cruise but I get your point. I'm not really talking about kids in a restaurant lounge waiting for a table ... that's a totally different scenario and completely understandable.

good luck with that knitting.

We were on the Dream this last February, on the first day, there was a dad with his 15yr old son in the adult's pool. A CM politely told him his son couldn't stay. The guest became irate saying his 15yr son will not be in the pool with 5yr kids. Once again the CM politely informed him of the policy, the guest and his son left soon after.

We were on one of the 8-night Magic cruises from NY this summer. For the most part the CM's were really good at keeping the under-18 crowd out of the cove area. Actually, they were much better at it than I'd seen in the recent past. However, there was one time later in the week when a Dad brought his under-18 son into the adult pool. When the CM's were walking close to the water's edge, Dad told his son to keep his mouth under water so the CM's didn't see that he was wearing braces on his teeth! Sure enough every time a CM came close the kid would dip his head and pretend he was blowing bubbles in the water :headache:

I guess it amazes me sometimes. This is a DISNEY cruise folks. You want adults only then maybe you should try another one.

This is a thread about Adult-only areas on the ship - DCL is clear that guests under 18 are not allowed in those areas and that is what the discussion is about.

No one here said they have a problem with children in general.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter