• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Adults and Characters

mcdee1980

Queen of Champagne Thursday!
Hey grownups . . . if you didn't have the kids with you, which character breakfast would you go to?

I think all of them are great, even for parties of adults only!

My DH is a big stinker and refuses to attend character meals unless the characters can talk back so we are severely limited in our choices =) That said, I twisted his arm into 1900 Park Fare (it has 2 non speaking characters) and he dealt with it. I love Mary Poppins and Alice and the Mad Hatter are fabulous!!

Our other favorite breakfast is Princess Storybook in Norway. We love seeing all the princesses at once, DH especially loves Jasmine, and the food is pretty good. We took my father in law and 70+ year old great uncle to it in Sept and they both quite enjoyed themselves =)

I am very glad you asked this question, I dont have any responses for you, but I was wondering the exact same thing myself. I am glad it isn't considered "weird" for adult-only parties to go to a character dinner!

I am very glad you asked this question, I dont have any responses for you, but I was wondering the exact same thing myself. I am glad it isn't considered "weird" for adult-only parties to go to a character dinner!

We went to 'Ohana for breakfast and LOVED it :cloud9:

However, we also went to Crystal Palace for lunch. The food was awesome and the characters were good; however there were some very rude families in there that day who simply would not wait their turn for the characters. That ruined it for us. It was no fault of Disneys.

No wierd at ALL! My almost 60 year old mom and I have a wonderful time with the character dinings! There's nothing like having Pluto lick your head to make a grown adult giggle the rest of the day! :lmao:

I've done a few without kids now, and i felt most comfortable at Crystal palace and 1900 Park Fare. Ohana was ok too, but not as good for comfort. Think you would be fine with any though, i am trying CRT without kids in August,

I've only done 1900 Park Fare and the Garden Grill, but I thought that both were great.

We don't have kids. Last year we had breakfast at Crystal Palace and this year, we're heading to Chef Mickey's.

Cape May Buffet, the best breakfast buffet I have ever been to

Went with DMom (87) last year, just the two of us. We did Crystal Palace for breakfast, Liberty Tree - dinner and Garden Grill - dinner. It was great.

I've never gone with kids and never felt weird.. I LOVE it.. great photo ops and I think the characters enjoy adult interaction too... they can tease you etc;)

I've done crystal palace (more than once.. my FAVORITE!), Donalds breakfastsaurus, had 1900 planned but missed it:(... I feel like we did more but maybe that's it?

I'd do them all if my schedule and wallet allowed!

It doesn't matter which one you go to, pick which characters you want or park, and the character handlers and the characters know what to do, if you want or not want to interact with them. Their pros. No worries. If you want to see them or not. You wont feel ackward. :)

We usually go with just adults and have been to several character meals. We tend to pay more attention to the food, grab a quick photo when they come by and then let the characters get back to entertaining the kiddos. Works like a charm! We get some food, some character photos without waiting, and not too much interaction!!

We've gone to CP, CM, CRT, and 1900 PF. We have lots of fun! You're never too old for a character breakfast! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter