• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Adult Trip April 2016

JustKryssi

Always counting down to WDW visits
Split Stay at the Pop Century/Caribbean Beach. Didn’t realize that there was a Cheerleading Summit and they were staying at both of those resorts so it was quite crowded.

First day wound up in Urgent Care after vomiting for two hours straight. Slept for 12 hours then “officially” started our vaca.

Park crowds were high, attractions were down and up and down again. Weather was hot for April…like August hot. Hubby burned his butt on the sidewalk at MK watching the parade and the soles of my sandals started to curl from the heat of the walkways at World Showcase.

We only eat meat/dairy/eggs when we know the animals are treated humanely, so that proposed a challenge.

My husband and I are both introverts and it seemed like everyone (adults and children) decided to be friendly on this trip.

Know what we did about all of this? WE UPGRADED TO ANNUAL PASSES, OF COURSE!!! We also:

· Bought an umbrella to shade me from the sun.

· Made hubby stand up at the next parade.

· Might not have gotten a chair at the pool every day, but found room in the pool to cool off just the same.

· Ate and drank our faces off eating creatively (pretty much vegan) from tons of places in each park/resort (Dole Whips for the win!)

· If an attraction was down, we cancelled that FP and got a different one.

· Stepped out of our comfort zones and talked to people from everywhere including a conversation with a 9 year old who I am convinced will be running her own company one day.

· Thanked our lucky stars for the caring people at Urgent Care.

We flew in and out of Tampa and our Sat night flight home was delayed, and delayed, and delayed. We didn’t want to chance driving over and the flight being cancelled and couldn’t get a flight home on Sunday so we stayed until Monday am, flew out at 5:45am and went right to work!

So, with all of these challenges, we had the best trip ever. Used to be AP holders and had a 3 year stretch of being away from WDW…never again. AP holders for life.

Sometimes you have to “nudge” the magic. But it’s definitely there!

It must have been crazy during Summit (I'm a cheer coach)!:scared1: Good for you for making the best of it!

Disney Pixie Dust erases all memories of anything negative...guess you were bit! Glad to hear you made the best of a bad start!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter