ADR's w/ 2 yr old

FairyCC

Earning My Ears
Ok, so I am trying to plan a few ADR's for our trip in Sept. I only want to do a few character ones, like Chef Mickey's for breakfast (maybe brunch?)
AND definately Crystal palace, we LOOOOVE pooh & tigger here..
I want to "go with the flow" on this vacation & not overwhelm DS, I also would love to go at a less crowded meal time (that's why I am thinking brunch at chef mickeys?)
Planning a trip with a kiddo is sooo much different from all my other times, I just want it to go well. We are not in a hurry to see anything or rush through parks, just enjoy our time there as a family & see Disney thru DS's eyes.... ok, so if you've read this far, THANKS! I would love some advice on a few ADR's.... we will most likely not be onsite & we aren't doing dining plan if that makes any difference?

If you eat at buffet places, the 2 year old will be free and can get his own plate. If you eat at regular table service places the only way a 2 year old is free is if they eat off of your plate (in other words if you want a kids meal you will have to pay for it). Depending on what / how your son eats, you might want to plan around this.

We went when DD was 2 (in November), had FD so did TS every day, usually dinner. Our plan with a 2 yo was 1/2 day at park (since we were up anyway, we went for rope drop), then back at the resort for nap, then a swim after nap, shower, change, out for dinner. Worked really really well. She was never over tired, we had a magical week, she kept close to her regular schedule and we had the best family vacation to date! In fact, we're going again in October!
As far as which ADRs and when, I'd recommend character dining for Breakfast. It's less busy than lunch or dinner (the parks are also a lot less busy first thing in the morning!). We did 'Ohana (bfast), Tusker House (lunch) and Akershus (bfast). Best was by a million miles Akershus, because they are face characters which means they can actually talk to the kids. I took video of all her interactions with the princesses, and she watches them every day! Second best was 'Ohana because they get the kids to do a parade with maracas and my DD loved that. Tusker was OK.
I guess I would say, if your DS is good with restaurants, don't shy away. If he's so-so, try buffets or family style meals, or save your money and stick with CS.
Have fun, and good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter