ADR's have been finalized and now I am not sure....

ambermiller6970

Earning My Ears
I have made my ADR's and am mostly happy with all but our 1st day. We will be driving to Disney, about 24 hours in the car, and need a low key place to have our dinner the first night. We are staying for 2 weeks with free dining. It is 2 adults and 3 children, 12,11,8.

arrival day is the 20th of Dec

20th 6:30 Rainforest Cafe (no park day)
21st 4:45 Yak & Yeti (AK)
22nd just QS (HS)
23rd 10:05 1900 Park Fare (no park day)
24th 11:55 Le Cellier Candlelight Processional (EP)
25th 10:20 The Crystal Palace (MK)
8:40 Cinderella's Royal Table
26th 9:00 Sci-Fi Dine-In (HS)
27th no park day
28th 8:00 Liberty Tree Tavern (MK)
29th 8:25 Akershus (EP)
30th 10:40 'Ohana (no park day)
31st 10pm 50's Prime Time Cafe (HS)
1st 4:30 Boma (AK)
2nd just QS (MK)

3rd Leaving :(

So, any suggestions or thoughts? Thanks! :)

I wouldn't call RFC 'low-key'. Low-key would be Olivia's (casual local vibe), Turf Club or Captain's Grill (both kind of classic American food in a less frenetic atmosphere), or Trails End (rustic buffet; noisier environment but definitely casual).

Where are you staying? Might be easiest to eat at your resort.

Or go to the other extreme: arrival night is a good night for HDDR. The kids are definitely of an age to enjoy the show, and you and DH can enjoy the adult beverages and just let Disney transport take you home afterwards.

We are staying at the POR Riverside. Maybe it would be better to not have a ressie for arrival day and do a QS at DD or at the Resort? Save the TS credits for a non park day? I would love to do another breakfast, but DH isn't a big breakfast eater.

RFC is about as far from low-key as you can get. DTD is very convenient from your resort though. After riding that long, your kids may just want to swim at the resort. I would definitely recommend that you eat at POR, if not for the fact that you can ride the boat to DTD. That makes the decision a little more complicated. I would probably decide based on what time you plan to arrive. If you're arriving midday, you'll have time to swim, rest, then go to DTD to eat. If you plan to arrive later, I'd skip DTD & just hang around the resort. You could eat TS at POR, if you'd rather not eat CS that evening.

We are staying at the POR Riverside. Maybe it would be better to not have a ressie for arrival day and do a QS at DD or at the Resort? Save the TS credits for a non park day? I would love to do another breakfast, but DH isn't a big breakfast eater.

Also a good thought. Don't even worry about what QS you're going to eat at on your arrival day. When you get there, go ahead and do whatever appeals - swim, head to DTD, crash for a nap, go resort-touring to see the decorations, whatever! You'll have a rough idea of what QS options exist from your research and your time here on the DisBoards. When the family gets hungry, you can present them with the nearby options and let them choose. It's actually a nice way to ease into a vacation without stressing.

You can ALWAYS use another TS credit on a different day. Pick a Signature dinner or show. Have a big breakfast on your departure day; we've enjoyed doing Boma for the neat food choices but maybe the kids would like to end with Chef Mickey or Cape May? Or a non-park dinner on the 27th, since you have nothing scheduled there?

I have to agree with all PPs, RFC nor DTD are low-key. I think it's a great idea to eat at the resort, save that TS credit and work in a signature meal another day. The HDDR idea is also a fun one! If you haven't been to HDDR, I think it would be a fun way to start the trip after that long drive.

Looks like you have a nice variety of ADRs for your trip. Be sure to work in time to tour the resorts to see all the beautiful decorations have gingerbread shingles :-) You can get great holiday photos of your family at the various resorts.

What a great time of year to visit for 2 weeks...have a magical trip!

After driving that far, it may be that strolling around DTD and stretching your legs is a welcomed change, at least for a little bit to start getting you in the Disney spirit. It is usually our first stop as we get to WDW...or at POR, you could check in and them hop on the boat to DTD. We have come to love Earl of Sandwich there and I would consider it pretty low-key. Great food but nobody will care how rough you might look or feel after a long road trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter