ADRs for 4 but only 3 going, and related questions... :(

At 27 going 28 I feel I'm never going to meet anyone and settle down but here's hoping my Prince Charming is out there somewhere lol x x x

Unfortunately some of us have to kiss many frogs before we find our Prince Charming. I didn't meet my DH until I was 30 and this November we will be celebrating our 19th wedding anniversary. So don't give up just think you are worth so much more than him :)

So even if I tell them that he's not checking in I should still get the credits? Or just shut my mouth and pretend I'm checking us both in?!?!?! So stressed about this mess :(

don't say anything. You don't have to all be there at check in. And the CMs do not ask to see everyone in your party.

For example, when we check in, DW always stay with DS who's watching cartoons on the telly in the lobby.
I'm always "alone" at the desk. Never had any questions asked.

Your main challenge will be to forget that you're "alone". The last thing you want to do is go through explanations about this and that.
You're there, you have double credits, enjoy. Nobody needs to know and you don't have to tell.
Never engage in unecessary explanations that might only lead you to talk about things you're there to forget.

Last question I swear!!!

Thank you all so much for your advice and patience with me on this, I think I'm still in such a state of shock!

Do they need to see passports on check in or is that just something silly I have in my head? Because obviously I won't have his.

Last question I swear!!! Thank you all so much for your advice and patience with me on this, I think I'm still in such a state of shock! Do they need to see passports on check in or is that just something silly I have in my head? Because obviously I won't have his.

No they don't ask to see anything at all. Nothing. They just ask for your name :)

I've been asked for my passport, but I think it's only because my last name is any english speaker's nightmare :p
So I guess I've been asked for ID just for spell check :p
but only mine, not those of other party members

I was also asked for my CC on a few occasions because the system had lost the info since OLCI ... despite the fact that the CC was on file and linked as a guarantee for all ADRs :confused3

Don't worry, it's not a police check, lol, the only issue could be that you are not the lead passenger on the booking. Are you ?

I'm the lead passenger so hopefully it should all run smoothly so!

Thank you so so so much for your help!!!

You could just tell them he's not there. That would do away with the things that are worrying you and would be accurate for their fire regulations. Realistically will you really want extra dining credits? I can't get through the ones they give us! You can't use his magic band as they take a finger print scan at the gates of adults which I assume means you can't get to use the FPP you may have booked on it. I think you are stressed and upset enough understandably, so should do the thing that is least stressful, which is probably telling them the truth. Also if you want to switch resorts I would guess this creates better circumstances for them trying to sort that out for you. Good luck x

You can't use his magic band as they take a finger print scan at the gates of adults which I assume means you can't get to use the FPP you may have booked on it.

I'm not sure, but I think I've read somewhere that it's now possible

with the old FP system, you used to need to have a valid ticket ( = scanned at the gate for entry) to be able to get a paper FP. This security feature was to ensure that a guest did not use several expired ticket to get loads of FPs in one go.

Now, FP+ are linked to the guest's account. And MBs are linked to the guest's account.
so from the information I have a MB could be used for FP+ even if the owner of that MB is not inside the park.
But this is purely theoretical, and I can't put my finger on the source, so I can't tell how reliable this information is.
it's still worth trying :p Worst case scenario, Mickey's head turns blue and oops, wrong MB, sorry :)

Yes they are willing to move if possible, I'll ask, I don't expect anything but I'll chance it.

Ok next and last question,

It has been mentioned about using his credits........if he's not there at check in and he's clearly not staying, will they still be linked to my account?

In my head if he's not there then we just don't get them?

Goodness I feel for you, I can just hear all your thoughts rattling around in your head.

First up, assuming you are taking Disney Express to your resort I would ask at the check in at MCO if you can go with your parents to OKW just incase its two different buses that you would be allocated to.

Once at OKW check-in your parents can ask if its at all possible that either you can move there or parents move to your resort after explaining that your partner will not be with on the holiday and you would now very much like to be staying in the same resort if at all possible. Going to OKW with your parents means that if you get upset your parents are there to support you and help you explain to the CM what you would like to happen.

In my experience front desk CM's will try their best to help you one way or another and if the CM attending you seems uncertain ask if you can speak to a manager. Don't worry if you end up getting upset, thats where having your parents there will help, doesn't matter how old you are you still need your Mum :)

If they shift you to OKW it could be it will be as a single traveller with just your dining credits on your account but if they shift your parents then I assume you will get your MBs on arrival which will be "loaded" with two lots of credits. However, at the end of the day it doesn't really matter if you have his credits or not as a PP pointed out it can be difficult to use them all. I treated a couple of people to their lunch the day we were leaving our resort as we had 3 QS credits left.

Please don't worry either about how many questions you might come up with as all anyone wants is for your to enjoy your break one way or another.

I'm not sure, but I think I've read somewhere that it's now possible with the old FP system, you used to need to have a valid ticket ( = scanned at the gate for entry) to be able to get a paper FP. This security feature was to ensure that a guest did not use several expired ticket to get loads of FPs in one go. Now, FP+ are linked to the guest's account. And MBs are linked to the guest's account. so from the information I have a MB could be used for FP+ even if the owner of that MB is not inside the park. But this is purely theoretical, and I can't put my finger on the source, so I can't tell how reliable this information is. it's still worth trying :p Worst case scenario, Mickey's head turns blue and oops, wrong MB, sorry :)

You might be right. I am assuming that the fact you haven't finger scanned your way into the park means you can't use the Magic Band in the park. Certainly if you've entered a park with someone you can use their MG for FPP rides. My DD used mine on Rock N roller Coaster and Tower of Terror which we got fourth and fifth FPP for as I will only do them once a day. She also used mine on Everest.

For the OP though. Using the spare Magic Band isn't going to help her forget is it?........

Not much to add just wanted to send my best wishes and hope you have a lovely holiday .... Never know your Prince Charming could be there waiting for you xxxxx

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter