ADRs a must?

Disney8704

<font color=deeppink>I so need to do that!<br><fon
Just wondering but is it actual necessary to make ADRs? CRT yes I know that needs one, but others? Last time I went down I didnt have any ADRs except for 1 at CRT and was able to get in with no problems and it was in September 2003. Next time Im going is Dec 2007. Just wondering because I really dont wanna have to make ADRs unless I really have to. These are the places Im wondering about:

BREAKFAST
'Ohana
Grand Floridian Cafe (ate at last time everyday with no ADR)
'Chef Mickeys
Boma
Akershus Royal Banquet Hall
Donald's

Dinner
Boma
Liberty Tree Tavern
Crystal Palace
Les Chefs de France (ate at last time with no ADR)
Coral Reef
50's Prime Time Cafe
Sci-Fi Cafe (ate at last time twice with no ADR)
Rainforest Cafe (DTD)

Just wondering but is it actual necessary to make ADRs? CRT yes I know that needs one, but others? Last time I went down I didnt have any ADRs except for 1 at CRT and was able to get in with no problems and it was in September 2003. Next time Im going is Dec 2007. Just wondering because I really dont wanna have to make ADRs unless I really have to. These are the places Im wondering about:

BREAKFAST
'Ohana
Grand Floridian Cafe (ate at last time everyday with no ADR)
'Chef Mickeys
Boma
Akershus Royal Banquet Hall
Donald's

Dinner
Boma
Liberty Tree Tavern
Crystal Palace
Les Chefs de France (ate at last time with no ADR)
Coral Reef
50's Prime Time Cafe
Sci-Fi Cafe (ate at last time twice with no ADR)
Rainforest Cafe (DTD)

I was in WDW last December and I'm afraid I don't see anything besides Rain Forest Cafe and Grand Floridian Cafe that you could possibly get into without an ADR. Your choices are pretty popular with a lot of Disney guests

it matters when you go, when i went in mid-sept, the parks were empty and all rides had a 15 min wait or less. every restaurant had adr's available at the beginning of the day. i went to sci fi cafe and 3/4 of the cars were empty for lunch.

I have noticed that since the Dinning Plan has become so popular, it has become more and more difficult to just walk on or make a reservation at the last minute. princess:

Things have changed a lot since 2003 with the dining plan. I think you will have problems getting into many of those places without an ADR.

Timing is everything. When specifically are you going?

We were there Dec 16-20 and had a hard time getting into a few of the Epcot places without advance ressies. We were able to book the 9:30 HDDR the night before, so no problem there. We walked right into the Rainforest Cafe at AK when they opened on 12/18. We had ADRs for San Angel Inn in Mexico on 12/18 for lunch at 2pm and they were full. The standby line was about 45 min wait.

The weekend before, Dec 9, we went to Garden Grill in Epcot for lunch around 2:30 - 3:00. We walked right in with no wait.

I think it depends on 1) what time of year you go and 2) what time of day you are eating. If you want to eat at the "normal" lunch and dinner hours, then you may have more of a problem getting in.

We were there Dec 15-22 and saw people on numerous occassions being turned away since they did not have ADRs.

Ohana on Sat 12/16 dinner, guy in front of us had no ADR told 2 hour wait

50s Prime Time Mon 12/18 lunch, people told no ADR, no openings at all

Le Cellier Thu 12/21 dinner, no ADR, no openings

I would make them, esp since you have some popular places on your list.

Allyson

We were there 12/17-12/22, and each TS we had: Boma, Le Cellier, Chefs De France, and Brown Derby were completely booked for lunch and dinner all day. We saw party after party be turned away because there were n tables available.
I say go ahead and make them, then if you need to change at the last minute, do so.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter