ADR Online Problems

MajorThomasina

Mouseketeer
I hear you can book from 7AM to 10PM EDT online (correct me if I'm wrong), so I decided to finally do some ADRs. I have run into a couple problems though. Here's what happens:

1. I go to the main page of the restaurant I want
2. Click "Book Online"
3. Get to the reservation search page
4. Click "Search for a Table"
5. Shows the "Looking for Tables" graphic briefly, but nothing happens!! I'm not redirected or anything!

I'm basically stuck at the main search page. :( I tried a bunch of other restaurants and various breakfast/lunch/dinner times, but the same thing keeps happening. I also tried to click the "My Reservations" link at the top of the page (I'm logged on) but it just redirects me to a blank page (though it shows the sky background, but that's it, nothing else). I have tried using the latest Firefox and IE7 with no luck. :confused3 My friends haven't had any free time to check to see if it's working for them on their own computers, so I'm asking here.

I would also like to mention that I could book (gasp!) CRT! But it was using the old reservation system, so that was quite odd.

If anyone has any idea what the problem might be, please let me know! I'd deeply appreciate it! :headache:

From the main page:

Drag cursor to Where to Eat (options drop down)
Click on Make Dining Reservations

Select on the left hand side where you would like to eat (park, resort, DTD, etc). It also gives you the option of the kind of dining you are looking for.

It's working fine for me.

I hear you can book from 7AM to 10PM EDT online (correct me if I'm wrong), so I decided to finally do some ADRs. I have run into a couple problems though. Here's what happens:

1. I go to the main page of the restaurant I want
2. Click "Book Online"
3. Get to the reservation search page
4. Click "Search for a Table"
5. Shows the "Looking for Tables" graphic briefly, but nothing happens!! I'm not redirected or anything!

I'm basically stuck at the main search page. :( I tried a bunch of other restaurants and various breakfast/lunch/dinner times, but the same thing keeps happening. I also tried to click the "My Reservations" link at the top of the page (I'm logged on) but it just redirects me to a blank page (though it shows the sky background, but that's it, nothing else). I have tried using the latest Firefox and IE7 with no luck. :confused3 My friends haven't had any free time to check to see if it's working for them on their own computers, so I'm asking here.

I would also like to mention that I could book (gasp!) CRT! But it was using the old reservation system, so that was quite odd.

If anyone has any idea what the problem might be, please let me know! I'd deeply appreciate it! :headache:
The online system has been considerably finicky as of late, since the beta for the v2 site went up. Granted, it was pretty bad before the v2 site as well, but it seems to be a bit worse.

First off, you can technically make online reservations 24hrs a day. Some funky things do start happening later at night though. Most notably the later days start to disappear for booking. The system itself "rolls over" to the next day at 6am Eastern.

CRT is still on the old system, as is HDDR, SoA, and Mickey's BBQ. I'm guessing it's due to two main reasons: #1 they are pre-paid experiences and they don't want to futz with charging people on the beta site, and #2 they require the party detail to be more than just "4 guests", that functionality is not yet built in (or at least live) on the v2/beta site.

Now, on to troubleshooting.

It appears as though you are loading the "old" system just fine. (If you can attempt to book CRT) and are having trouble with the whole v2 portion of the site. Browsers are up to par if Firefox is updated to the latest version (that's what I use), and IE7 should be high enough...hmm...

I'm really at a loss. If you aren't experiencing issues with other flash-based or heavily styled websites then I don't know what it could be. :( It could be a security setting... or maybe Flash Player isn't installed/updated? If you're having issues with other flash driven sites, then it could very well be a Flash issue. Though, if you can hit the main page (which is also Flash) then it's probably not that... argh. Wish I could do more to help, but I'm stumped...

This may be a job for Tech Services... although I don't know how much I trust Disney Tech Support if they can't even program their website correctly :p (To be fair, I went at least 2 days this time without trashing the Disney Web Development department!)

From the main page:

Select on the left hand side where you would like to eat (park, resort, DTD, etc). It also gives you the option of the kind of dining you are looking for.

It's working ok for me as well, a bit slow, but that may be due to the 6.1GB download I have going right now along with 2 bandwidth sucking browser games ;).

From the main page:

This still didn't do the trick. :confused3

@Cafeen: Good to know that I may not be the only one experiencing this. Kind of disappointing to find out that WDW would go ahead and release a beta mode instead of a finalized version to the public. :sad2:

I'm gonna try to make reservations on my father's laptop and at work today. I'll come back and post results. Thanks for trying to help out guys! :)

Edit: Can't access reservations page at work due to lack of upgrading IE6 to a newer one. :sad2:

I had a similar problem when I was booking. I just entered in my info and walked away when the graphic came. Sure enough like 10mins later is did eventually go to the next screen. A pain, but it did work.

Since then it has been moving faster for me. But that one night it took me over an hour to book 7 ADR's

I had a similar problem when I was booking. I just entered in my info and walked away when the graphic came. Sure enough like 10mins later is did eventually go to the next screen. A pain, but it did work.

Since then it has been moving faster for me. But that one night it took me over an hour to book 7 ADR's

The problem was that I only saw the graphic very briefly, if at all.

I finally got a hold of my dad's laptop and I can book reservations just fine on it! A little disappointed that I couldn't use my own computer, but at least I can do it somewhere in the comfort and privacy of my own home (I was about to go to the library!). I'm still stumped on what's wrong with my computer/browser/whatever. Maybe it's my OS system? It's pretty old compared to my dad's Windows 7 (I use XP). That would be kind of weird if that were the problem. Also he uses IE8...maybe I should just upgrade! I'll try it later on tonight and post results again.

The problem was that I only saw the graphic very briefly, if at all.

I finally got a hold of my dad's laptop and I can book reservations just fine on it! A little disappointed that I couldn't use my own computer, but at least I can do it somewhere in the comfort and privacy of my own home (I was about to go to the library!). I'm still stumped on what's wrong with my computer/browser/whatever. Maybe it's my OS system? It's pretty old compared to my dad's Windows 7 (I use XP). That would be kind of weird if that were the problem. Also he uses IE8...maybe I should just upgrade! I'll try it later on tonight and post results again.
I use XP on my work laptop and have booked since v2 just fine. I do have IE8 on there, but I don't use it (I'm a Firefox guy). My home system is Win7, but really that shouldn't make a difference. I'd try checking to see if there are updates for XP or something similar, it sounds like either a configuration, network, or some other similar issue is making the page load slow...

Update! I have tried installing three additional web browsers including upgrading to IE8!

• IE8: Couldn't load the default homepage or any other website!
  • Google Chrome: Same thing as IE8! :scared1:
  • Opera: Main Disney web page told me my email address was invalid, therefore I couldn't even log in! :confused3
  • Safari: Same thing as Firefox, shows graphic briefly, does not redirect, etc etc. (Was also painstakingly slow)

I use XP on my work laptop and have booked since v2 just fine. I do have IE8 on there, but I don't use it (I'm a Firefox guy). My home system is Win7, but really that shouldn't make a difference. I'd try checking to see if there are updates for XP or something similar, it sounds like either a configuration, network, or some other similar issue is making the page load slow...

Yeah, I love Firefox! But lately it's been going downhill with all the updates and has been crashing numerous times! :mad: However, I still can't quite get over how fast, simple, and light it is. The other browsers I've experienced are so insistent on installing bars, advertising, and unnecessary add-ons. It slows down my computer with all that junk and the "sleek and pretty" design doesn't help much either. The welcome flash I got when I opened Safari for the first time nearly crashed my whole computer!! >_<

Back on topic, I just want to emphasize that the reservation pages are not slow loading. It's just when I click on something that it doesn't redirect anywhere.

I'm all out of ideas. :( I guess I'll just transfer all my Disney planning stuff on a USB drive to plug in my dad's laptop. I'll plan accordingly in regards to booking dining reservations by doing that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter