ADR 180 days Question

JackieO

Mouseketeer
Our 180 day window is fast approaching. I want to be prepared. I know I can book online at 6:00 am 180 days before my check in date, and that I can book for each day of my 10 day trip. Do I have to book all 10 days in order? Do I book the first day of my trip and then the second will be available to book? The reservations I'm worried about are CRT breakfast and BOG dinner. We aren't planning either of those until later in our stay. Can I jump ahead to make those reservations first?

Also, we're going with friends and I'd like to make all of the dining reservations (since I'll be up anyway). Can I make reservations for my friend's family and my own family in different places at the same time? We only plan to do the (above) special meals together. I do have them linked on MDE.

You do not have to do them in order. And you can make the reservation for as many people as you want. Dining reservations are not dependant on your stay.

You may have issues making different reservations at the same time. At least my sister and I did in August 2015 because we were linked. Be really aware of any pop-up messages you get when booking the second reservations at each time. I accidentally canceled one of my sister's reservations and she accidentally cancelled one of mine when booking dining for that trip.

You may have issues making different reservations at the same time. At least my sister and I did in August 2015 because we were linked. Be really aware of any pop-up messages you get when booking the second reservations at each time. I accidentally canceled one of my sister's reservations and she accidentally cancelled one of mine when booking dining for that trip.

Oh my, that's good to know. Our friends have never been. I'll have to let her know to be very careful. I'd be pretty sad if I managed to get CRT and BOG and then lost them!

Calling and using a real computer both seemed to work better than the app on our phones for not canceling other bookings

If your staying on property you get an extra 10 days on top of the 180
The last time we booked, the online reservation system seemed to have a difficult time recognizing that we had a resort reservation and, thus, were entitled to book the full 10 days. It was only allowing us to book for the first day, which we were 180 days out from. My wife had to call and do the reservations for the remaining days over the phone. Do you know if this has been resolved?

The last time we booked, the online reservation system seemed to have a difficult time recognizing that we had a resort reservation and, thus, were entitled to book the full 10 days. It was only allowing us to book for the first day, which we were 180 days out from. My wife had to call and do the reservations for the remaining days over the phone. Do you know if this has been resolved?

How long ago was that last trip? I had difficulty several years ago, right after they introduced online ADRs, getting the system to recognize my resort stay, but I haven't had that issue for my last few trips.

Our 180 day window is fast approaching. I want to be prepared. I know I can book online at 6:00 am 180 days before my check in date, and that I can book for each day of my 10 day trip. Do I have to book all 10 days in order? Do I book the first day of my trip and then the second will be available to book? The reservations I'm worried about are CRT breakfast and BOG dinner. We aren't planning either of those until later in our stay. Can I jump ahead to make those reservations first?

As PPs noted, you don't have to book them in order. In fact, it's very good practice to book the harder to get ADRs first then fill in with the easier ones. I always lead off with Ohana and BOG if we are dining there on that trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter