Admirals floor at NBC worth it ot not??

b4ley78

Earning My Ears
Hi all , in a dilema over this!!!! Have seen some posts regarding new benefits for admirals floor recently but disney havent been able to confirm these ( ie snacks and drinks , seperate breakfast room etc etc ) . The cost for us to upgrade is £53 for the 3nts , this is just to admirals , not lake side ........this is our 1st trip and I am unsure if it is worth it or not ......anyone been recently who can tell me more about the experience , maybe times for snacks/drinks , if you do get breakfast in yacht club , what you get in room etc etc .......I am so confused , we want this to be special trip but dont want to waste money either!!:confused3

Admirals floor you get these extras....well we did a couple of weeks ago.
Seperate check in and check out
Left cases at indoor area next to concierge desk on check out (have to show admirals floor pass)
Breakfast in Yacht Club so no queue and hot breakfast....sausage, bacon,eggs,tomato,potato and usual continental choice.
We had a lake view which was lovely
Kettle, coffee maker, tea bags, coffee paper cups when arrived already in room but you get a free coffee kit too.
Wifi access in room, although have to buy a card at the gift shop.
Rooms are all near the lifts so no long walk.
4-5pm every day in room next to gift shop, Admirals floor guests get to go in, free soft drinks (cans of pop) coffee, tea, orange juice, chilled water, cakes, brownies, sweets all free.

When is your trip b4ley78? If its not for some time, you could wait and book the upgrade later, that way maybe Disney would have some information about how long the extra perks for the summer are continuing?

We are there now and were just saying that we thought it really worth the money to upgrade

Benefits are as above but there are free drinks (hot drinks and soft drinks and sweets) from 12-5 with cakes and fruit added from 4-5

The room is lovely - looks recently refurbished and has a lovely lake view

It cost us an extra £100 for 5 nights

It was me that posted about the extra perks - I wasn't expecting them, and it definitely made it worthwhile. I can't understand why Disney aren't advertising the extra benefits though - surely if they did, then more people would upgrade and Disney would get more income? Strange.

You can also add in free towels at the swimming pool as a benefit, so you don't need to take your own.

And all the Admiral's rooms are on higher floors in the centre of the hotel, so you don't have to hike half a mile to your room.

Thank you to everyone who has replied so far . Sent a email to disney re the extra benefits and rec'd a reply stating that I must be getting mixed up with the disneyland hotel , as this was the only hotel with the complimentary snacks and drinks etc ............:confused: . We go on the 30th , so in 4weeks time and it is frustrating as I would def inately pay if was going to get hot breakfast options and afternoon snacks and drinks...but if thats not on when we go then it would be a waste of money I think. Now I am even more confused!!!

Disney are obviously confused, quoting that the only hotel that gives this benefit is the DLH, because you can also get this by staying in an Empire State room at the HNY.

In my humble opinion, I'd go for it. For £53.00 it'd be worth it just to have free towels for the pool :lmao:

well I have decided to go for it , cost £52 for the 3nts upgrade but at least i dont need to take towels or travel kettle now!!! as for the rest of the perks we will just have to wait and see what we get if anything . Thanks for the tips . Any other 'top tips' for staying at the newport bay greatly appreciated
:cool1:

At £52 for 3 nights it is definitely worth it - I paid an extra £100 (roughly) for 4 nights, and felt it well worthwhile.

Woooooooo!!! I get there Sat morning.:cool1:

Thanks Small world for confirming the extras are still on.:thumbsup2

The soft drinks sound good between 12-5.

It is definitely worth it - we have just been in there now and had 2 drinks each and some sweets. We are going for a swim soon then will go back in again and have some more drinks and cakes.

Today and yesterday we have had a latish breakfast - filling up there and then lasting with just cakes drinks until evening so it means we dont need lunch

We have certainly found it worth while

We checked at reception about when these perks are likely to end and they confirmed they will be ending when the summer season does - so 30th Aug?

Loving the sound of all these extras, I wasnt told these when I booked, roll on the 23rd :banana:

Hmm, shame the extra perks are ending :sad1: Can't really complain though as they weren't advertised when we booked so weren't expecting them. I'm pleased for everybody else going in August though - feel free to eat my portion of cakes :)

oh that is a shame , we arrive on the 30th so will probably just miss out on the extra benefits after all,but hopefully it will be worth while with other aspects .

Hmm, shame the extra perks are ending :sad1: Can't really complain though as they weren't advertised when we booked so weren't expecting them. I'm pleased for everybody else going in August though - feel free to eat my portion of cakes :)

Oh, don't worry - I think I ate your portion, and everybody else's on this forum as well (living up to my nickname)!!! :rotfl2:

Anyone thinking it's not worth it don't!! We have just come back from our stay in Newport bay and wished from the first day we had paid for the admiral floor!!:sad2: Our room was what felt like miles away from the lobby, was very shabby looking with some paper ripped from the walls and the bathroom cabinets falling off the wall. Just for a room in the hotel main building would have been worth it! The cost for the drinks were unbelievable and we could of filled up on breakfast, had some snacks in the afternoon and just had a big dinner but we needed a lunch so it ended up costing a lot more.:scared1:

Hi, we were on the admirals floor last year and it was amazing! Gorgeous room, incredible view with a balcony and nice and central too for the lobby, shop etc. Well worth it I'd say. We are staying on the admirals floor again in a few weeks. Cant wait!

Ash x

Hi everyone,
Me, hubby and 2 yr DD are off in Sept and staying here. Still undecided whether to upgrade or not. When I phoned to get a quote yest they said it was full, but yet I can go on the website and book it as a new booking for the same dates??? I do like the sound of the breakfast!! When I phoned the lady was reading off the perks and said about the afternoon tea etc, so would be great if still on in Sept.

Does anyone know if the breakfast perk (of having it on the admirals floor) is new and just for the summer or is this a normal perk??

Thanks
Alison

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter