Adding someone to room res.

AlohaPolynesian

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

My sister booked a Disney package with a room at CR and MYW park tickets for herself and her two daughters (ages 2 and 5).

She and her husband decided that since their son was miserable last year on their trip that my sister would take the girls and my BIL would stay home with my nephew.

My sister invited me to go and stay with them since the room can still accommodate another adult. I want to go but am wondering if it is possible to be added to the room reservation but not the ticket package (I am staying one day shorter)?

Also, my sister sent me her confirmation # and told me to call and put my name on there and give them my flight details for ME (I live in another state) but I was wondering if they allow this? Or does my sister need to call?

Any insight is appreciated!! I am so excited - my sister isn't telling my nieces they are going to WDW until day of, and they won't know I'm coming until they get there!! Plus the youngest one just got really into Mickey Mouse and was too young to really get it last time, so it will be amazing to see her face when she sees him!

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!

Everyone on the reservation has to be on the same package. Since its in your sisters name I would think she needs to call to add you. What she could do is downgrade the tickets to the number of days you need for everyone and then when you are there, have her and her daughters upgraded to the extra day.

Hi all,

My sister booked a Disney package with a room at CR and MYW park tickets for herself and her two daughters (ages 2 and 5).

She and her husband decided that since their son was miserable last year on their trip that my sister would take the girls and my BIL would stay home with my nephew.

My sister invited me to go and stay with them since the room can still accommodate another adult. I want to go but am wondering if it is possible to be added to the room reservation but not the ticket package (I am staying one day shorter)?

Also, my sister sent me her confirmation # and told me to call and put my name on there and give them my flight details for ME (I live in another state) but I was wondering if they allow this? Or does my sister need to call?

Any insight is appreciated!! I am so excited - my sister isn't telling my nieces they are going to WDW until day of, and they won't know I'm coming until they get there!! Plus the youngest one just got really into Mickey Mouse and was too young to really get it last time, so it will be amazing to see her face when she sees him!

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!

There is no way to add you to the reservation without also adding you to the ticket portion of the package PRIOR to checking into the hotel.

I see two ways of going about this:

1) If you want to be added to the room, but not purchase the tickets on the package, your sister would have to add you to the room when she checks in. If you are arriving on the same day, you can do this BUT you will not be able to access ME.

If you are arriving a day or two later, she could add you at check-in and then call ME and give them your flight info. You will not get the ME tags, however, you can go to the ME desk at MCO, give them your luggage claim tickets and get on the ME bus.

2) The EASIER thing to do is probably to ask your sister to reduce the ticket days on their package by a day, then add you to the full room/ticket package, add you to ME and then, after you check in, simply add an extra park day to her and your 5-year old niece's ticket. That way everyone gets ME and the number of days they need on their park ticket.

Everyone on the reservation has to be on the same package. Since its in your sisters name I would think she needs to call to add you. What she could do is downgrade the tickets to the number of days you need for everyone and then when you are there, have her and her daughters upgraded to the extra day.
Yes, but that works only for the ticket part of the package. If your sister has also booked the dining plan, you will have to pay for your dining plan for every day of the reservation even if you leave early. That will give them extra dining credits which they may or may not need (although some 2 credit TS places may become more viable), but it's also pricey.

If you wait to be added to the room when you arrive, you do not need to be on the package reservation. You can still use DME with your family. When you get to the DME desk, simply say that you need another voucher because you are joining your sister and they will print out another DME voucher for you right then. They can also go ahead and book your return DME trip. Once you get to the resort, the front desk will simply make another KTTW for you. This is what we did for an additional adult joining our package at the last minute and it was very easy

Melodious said:
If you wait to be added to the room when you arrive, you do not need to be on the package reservation. You can still use DME with your family. When you get to the DME desk, simply say that you need another voucher because you are joining your sister and they will print out another DME voucher for you right then. They can also go ahead and book your return DME trip. Once you get to the resort, the front desk will simply make another KTTW for you. This is what we did for an additional adult joining our package at the last minute and it was very easy

Oh, also get your sister to ask Disney for extra DME luggage tags. That way your luggage will already be tagged for the room

My parents had a package booked for POFQ and added me last minute for just 5 days out of their package, it was no problem at all. They added me onto the hotel room once they checked in and while I didn't get luggage tags for ME, I arrived at the ME counter and just gave their room number and they printed me a voucher on the spot. Arrived at the resort and checked in, got my KTTW card and bought my tickets with no issues. The night before I left, the front desk printed me another voucher for my return ME. They also pixie-dusted us by waiving the extra adult in a room fee pixiedust:

You just need to be sure you add your sis as a guest before she hits the ME counter. They won't transport anyone not listed on a resort reservation.

You just need to be sure you add your sis as a guest before she hits the ME counter. They won't transport anyone not listed on a resort reservation.

We were just there in November and they absolutely took our friend by DME though she was not listed on our resort reservation. We asked for extra luggage tags, tagged her bag, and simply asked for an extra DME voucher when we got there since she was staying in our room (but we had a package that we didnt want to add her to since she was leaving early). No problems whatsoever :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter