Adding extra night via renting

DadLadd428

Earning My Ears
First DVC trip.... My family and I currently have a 1bdrm booked at BWV for 4 nights in April, but after reevaluating, it would seem everyone wants a bit more elbow room. I have enough points to book 3 nights in a 2 bedroom at OKW. Would I be able to rent that extra night with a 3rd party rental company and link it to my reservation so there's no risk of switching rooms? Thank you for any input..

First DVC trip.... My family and I currently have a 1bdrm booked at BWV for 4 nights in April, but after reevaluating, it would seem everyone wants a bit more elbow room. I have enough points to book 3 nights in a 2 bedroom at OKW. Would I be able to rent that extra night with a 3rd party rental company and link it to my reservation so there's no risk of switching rooms? Thank you for any input..
If you rent that extra night, you can email, call or chat with MS, give them the confirmation numbers for both reservations and have them note it as a “continuing stay.” You may have to check out and back in at the front desk but shouldn’t have to switch rooms. When you arrive at the start of your stay, visit the front desk to make sure they have it noted that the two reservations are a continuing stay.

Last fall I booked six nights at BWV using two different DVC memberships (OKW and BRV two different UY's) and had MS link the reservations even though technically it was two reservations. It was seamless. Nothing worse than having to check out move your stuff and check back in!

Or you might try to get a transfer of points for that last night. Then you would have a four night reservation. You might even check with MS to see if that last night is available for cash with the DVC discount (usually about 25%). A cash reservation through DVC can be combined/linked so you don't have to move.

I did this last year the the Poly and they easily just linked the reservations at the front desk once I arrived. You still get a notification saying your room is ready on your phone for the extra day, but it’s the same room.m

When I do this with my two memberships, I always make sure to stop at front desk as well the day I check in to make sure I have been given the same room. I always have, but figure if I have not, this is when they could change it.

When I do this with my two memberships, I always make sure to stop at front desk as well the day I check in to make sure I have been given the same room. I always have, but figure if I have not, this is when they could change it.
Can't emphasize this enough - even if you have MS note "continuing stay", reiterate it at the Front Desk.
We almost always book with at least 2 Memberships, and a few times, our reservations were not continuing (despite the MS request). Thankfully, they have always been able to fix it so we wouldn't have to move.

I added a day once by paying cash with a room discount through member services. I did bring it up at check-in and it went seamlessly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter