• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

? Adding dp to a room only discount buy purchasing one day ticket

tmli

Wants to be known as tmlh....
I have a question about this....I have a room only reservation that is discounted (similar to a AAA room only but not quite). I will be buying AP's so not interested in buying park tickets for my ds and myself. My neice (3) will need a 5 day hopper.

My understanding is I have to buy a ticket for each person in the party for it to be considered a package thus allowing me dining...correct?

Can I buy 1 day for my son and myself and apply each to our AP's, and a 5 day for neice?

Does the room only ressie have to be rack rate in order to add ticket and qualify it as a package?

Adding dining and a day of tickets will convert your room-only to a package, and you will lose whatever room-only discount that you have.

Thanks for clarifying...I think I already knew that but the whole thing gets confusing when you over analyze it!!

tmli said:
Thanks for clarifying...I think I already knew that but the whole thing gets confusing when you over analyze it!!

Call and see if you can do it.

Last April I used a code for our room, booked dining, and purchased one day base, MYW passes for each of us. (I purchased the other passes from Ticketmania)

For our upcoming Easter trip I'm doing the same thing. (This time I'm using an AAA rate)

I'm not sure what type of room discount you have, but it can't hurt to ask.

I've heard you can't use the dining plan with CM and TA room discounts.

It does get confusing, but you must pay rack rate for your room and have at least a 1 day park ticket for everyone in your party.

The good news is that you can apply the price you paid for the 1 day ticket to your AP. Hope it helps

Sorry if we we are beginning to get redundant here - I did get in on something last year where I had a good discount and got the dining on my package as well. However the rule pretty much is no discounted rooms with the dining plan. The only real exception is getting a AAA package - booked through aaa. You would need to buy everybody 1 day tickets then make whatever adjustments after you get there. I have read time and again that they should be able to be upgraded to whatever different tickets you need. Like the other poster said you may as well ask if you can get the dining with what you have though..who knows maybe you have one of those strange discounts like I had last year.

thelionqueen said:
It does get confusing, but you must pay rack rate for your room and have at least a 1 day park ticket for everyone in your party.

The good news is that you can apply the price you paid for the 1 day ticket to your AP. Hope it helps

thelionqueen. So I can get the 1 day pass at booking then when I arrive up grade the tickets anyway I want? Like up grade 3 out of 4 tickets? :goodvibes

You can upgrade at any Guest Services locations. We arrived late in the evening during our last visit and used GS @ DTD. We were the only people in the place and it only took about five minutes to upgrade our 1 day tickets to AP's.

Did you upgrade your one day ticket before you checked in to your hotel? If yes did they mail your tickets to you?

No...they don't mail the tickets to you that are included with the package. You get them at check-in and they are linked to your room key.

MAKmom said:
thelionqueen. So I can get the 1 day pass at booking then when I arrive up grade the tickets anyway I want? Like up grade 3 out of 4 tickets? :goodvibes
Yes! They can upgrade anyhow and any amount you want. Very helpful.

For example, my oldest son already had an AP (travels w/Grandpa a lot) but no one else did. So we used the "pooled" credits and applied everything to the purchase of our 3 other AP's. Hope that helps .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter