Adding dining plan

kgallant

Earning My Ears
I’m renting points from a dvc member and would like to add the dining plan. In all my previous reservations i thought I have always paid for the dining plan upon arrival. I’m being requested by this dvc owner to pay for the dining plan in advance. Is this a new process? Just questioning why... as I’ve rented dozens of times and always paid for dining at checkin..
Please advise. Thanks all!

Last edited:
I’m a DVC member and have added the dining plan to my last stay. I’m pretty sure there was something that said it had to be added at least 2 days before the reservation start date.

I’m renting points from a dvc member and would like to add the dining plan. In all my previous reservations I have always paid for the dining plan upon arrival. I’m being requested by this dvc owner to pay for the dining plan in advance. Is this a new process? Just questioning why... as I’ve rented dozens of times and always paid for dining at checkin..
When was the last time that you rented? It has been several years since DVC members could add the dining plans at check in. We now have to add Dining plans no later than 48 hours before the arrival date.

I trade into DVC with RCI. I am adding the dining plan this time to the second part of our trip and I was told by DVC that I needed to add it beforehand. It did need to be at least a few days beforehand, (Can't remember exact number) and I would need to pay for it at that time.

It’s been almost a year from renting last... end of May 2018. Maybe because the reservation last time was made within 30 days of arrival? I’m currently 40 days out

I’ve always added dining at the time of reservation but did not pay until checkin and paid Disney directly. Never had to pay as part of the DVC rental points

When we add the DDP, it has to be at least 2 days before arrival and I have always paid when we added the DDP.

It’s been almost a year from renting last... end of May 2018. Maybe because the reservation last time was made within 30 days of arrival? I’m currently 40 days out
That should not affect when you must pay. DVC requires payment for the dining plan when it is added to the reservation. It has been that way ever since the rules changed from allowing members to add it on check in to requiring at least 48 hours prior to arrival.

"Please be aware that Disney Dining Plans cannot be added at check-in and must be booked at least 48 hours prior to check-in. Payment is due in full at the time of booking." This is from the DVC website.

I have rented points to non members through a broker, and although no one has asked to add the dining plan, from what the broker said the renter needs to provide a CC number to me to make the reservation more than 48 hours in advance. I would recommend about a week in advance to give the broker time to coordinate with the DVC owner and get this done on the phone to DVC. There is an element of trust here, though if for some reason your account was compromised it would be pretty obvious how it happened. I think it unlikely you will have any issues.

When I rented out points through a broker I had to add the DP 48 hrs in advance and use the renter’s CC to pay when I added it. I’ve done this 2x in the last 3 years and it’s been like this each time.

Last edited:
Rather than give your CC number, load the DDP funds onto a Disney Gift Card, and give them that number. I know I would be more comfortable NOT having someone's CC info.

I’ve always added dining at the time of reservation but did not pay until checkin and paid Disney directly.
Nope, don't believe you. It has been pay when added for many years.
Your question was is it new, and you were told it is not.
If you want it, you have to pay for it when adding it. Period. No matter what you claim happened last May.

Nope, don't believe you. It has been pay when added for many years.
Your question was is it new, and you were told it is not.
If you want it, you have to pay for it when adding it. Period. No matter what you claim happened last May.

Ok relax! I was asking for confirmation because I could not recall. No need to be rude, just don’t bother responding if you cannot be kind and helpful.

That’s really strange that you were able to pay the resort directly at check in. Every time we have used the dining plan we have had to pay when we added it. We have been DVC owners since 2008.

It’s possible th reservation was made and paid for a few days prior to departure - and dining May have been paid altogether- I just thought I recalled paying at tg time of checkin. I appreciate everyone’s responses.

I’m renting points from a dvc member and would like to add the dining plan. In all my previous reservations i thought I have always paid for the dining plan upon arrival. I’m being requested by this dvc owner to pay for the dining plan in advance. Is this a new process? Just questioning why... as I’ve rented dozens of times and always paid for dining at checkin..
I am a DVC member who frequently rents points. The Dining Plan must be added at least two days before arrival and paid in full at that time. The member you are renting from is correct.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter