Adding dining plan - different types of tickets

Sarabi's Cubs

DIS Veteran
We're considering adding the dining plan for our next trip since we plan to do more table service meals than usual. Does it matter if some in our group have APs and some have regular parkhoppers? TIA

Laurie

If you plan meals located inside the parks, then those using parkhopper tickets have to redeem a day in their park ticket to go in for a meal, obviously.

If you just mean, can you all get the dining plan, then yes - it is based on room occupancy, they assume you have valid park admission if you are booking inside the theme parks.

For example, 4 people in the room, 2 have AP, 2 have regular ticket or hopper, the person who has the room reserved can get the dining plan for 4 people.

You don't have to have park admission if you plan to eat at the resorts or Disney Springs (i.e. outside of the theme parks, Like Sanaa, Cali Grill, 'Ohana, etc.).

If you plan meals located inside the parks, then those using parkhopper tickets have to redeem a day in their park ticket to go in for a meal, obviously.

If you just mean, can you all get the dining plan, then yes - it is based on room occupancy, they assume you have valid park admission if you are booking inside the theme parks.

For example, 4 people in the room, 2 have AP, 2 have regular ticket or hopper, the person who has the room reserved can get the dining plan for 4 people.

You don't have to have park admission if you plan to eat at the resorts or Disney Springs (i.e. outside of the theme parks, Like Sanaa, Cali Grill, 'Ohana, etc.).

Thanks. I read an article that said everyone had to have the same kind of tickets, and that didn't make sense to me. Still trying to figure out if it makes sense moneywise.
Laurel

Thanks. I read an article that said everyone had to have the same kind of tickets, and that didn't make sense to me.
Laurel
With DVC, if you add a dining plan it's basically a ticketless package.

The ticket requirement would apply to special offers available thru the regular Disney reservations line (or a TA). One of those special offers is "free dining" which requires a non-discounted cash room and minimum ticket purchase. For this, all of the tickets must be the same.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter