adding days at resort before free dining?

Korileigh

Mouseketeer
We have a reservation beginning on Dec 10th, the first day of free dining. If we wanted to come on the 8th could we add just the hotel? Would it make us add dining for those two days? I'll call tomorrow but I figured someone here may know how that would work!

Thanks,
Kori

i don't know how others do it but i had booked a package.

months later i changed my flight to 3 days earlier.

i booked a room only, new reservation.

i had the cm link my two reservations together.

had to technically check out on day 4 and recheck in at same time.
was able to keep my same room.

Then I guess my next question would be - can we use the park tickets associated with the current reservation if we get there earlier?

Then I guess my next question would be - can we use the park tickets associated with the current reservation if we get there earlier?
Yes, you can get your package tickets up to 3 days early, but they usually won't give them to you at the resort, you will have to pick them up at guest relations ad Downtown Disney or at one of the parks. There a whole explanation about this on the Tickets Sticky on the top of the Themeparks Board.

As the pp said, you can get your tickets up to 3 days prior to the start of your package, but that's for tickets only and your DDP credits will not be available until you check in for your package. If you wanted the DDP for the first 2 days, you would have to buy a minimum of a 1 day base ticket for everyone on the reservation. If you book room only for the first 2 nights and book the same resort/room type as the package, have them link the two reservations (like the pp said) and request that you keep the same room. At check in on the 8th, mention that you have a continuing reservation and would like to keep the same room if possible. Good luck.

Thanks. Are you sure that this works? I've called Disney twice and they've said that is absolutely not true. I just don't want you get there and realize we've wasted money.

Thanks. Are you sure that this works? I've called Disney twice and they've said that is absolutely not true. I just don't want you get there and realize we've wasted money.

Disney call centre reps are either inexperienced with this question or they are trained to deny the request for early ticket pickup. Lots of other inquiries on this site specifically addressing this question (do a seach "early ticket pickup"). Long story short....yes you can get your tickets up to 3 days early - but no access to your free dining credits.

On our last trip, I attempted to get out tickets early in DTD cutomer relations - for some reson they were not able to access it on their computer system even with a supervisor getting involed. They directed us back to our resort and there was no issue at all.

You will need a Room Only Reservation for the 8th and 9th....and likely another deposit for the room (equivalent to the rate for 1 night).

As usual, if my information is not correct, I'm sure someone will set me straight.

DisneyRookie is correct about the deposit.

i had to put down a deposit of one night stay when i made the other ressie to tack onto the original ressie.

yup, two deposits.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter