Adding 5 peoples tickets to MY apple wallet

Ariel620

DIS Veteran
Hello,

I think last trip I added tickets for all 8 of us to MY apple wallet. This time, I can only add myself and my kids ticket to MY apple wallet. I can't even add my husband. And I will need to add my MIL too, she won't be able to have it on her phone, but the "save to wallet" button is only lit up on mine and my kids tickets in MDE. On my husband's it is there, but greyed out (not clickable), and on my MIL the "save to wallet" button isn't even there. I would really like to be the phone scanning for all of us. I realize they each need to use their own fingerprint, but can I not add other adults anymore?

Hello,

I think last trip I added tickets for all 8 of us to MY apple wallet. This time, I can only add myself and my kids ticket to MY apple wallet. I can't even add my husband. And I will need to add my MIL too, she won't be able to have it on her phone, but the "save to wallet" button is only lit up on mine and my kids tickets in MDE. On my husband's it is there, but greyed out (not clickable), and on my MIL the "save to wallet" button isn't even there. I would really like to be the phone scanning for all of us. I realize they each need to use their own fingerprint, but can I not add other adults anymore?

I would try updating your app and/or iOS.

Does your husband and/or MIL have their own accounts? My husband has his own, and I am unable to add him.

You can also contact the Disney Internet Help Desk 407-939-7765

If they have their own MDE accounts, that's likely causing the issue. My teen daughter has her own since she went to Disney with a school trip and while I can book a trip for her, order her a magic band and make here Genie+ Reservations since she's on my family and friends list, I don't think I can "own" her ticket (it shows up in my account but not as mine, if that makes sense).

Does your husband and/or MIL have their own accounts? My husband has his own, and I am unable to add him.

You can also contact the Disney Internet Help Desk 407-939-7765

If they have their own MDE accounts, that's likely causing the issue.
Yes, the 2 people I can't add both have their own MDE accounts. But I really thought I had them all last time on my phone (and they had their own MDE accounts then too).

I wonder if it would work out if I logged into their accounts on my phone, could I then save their passes on my phone?

Yes, the 2 people I can't add both have their own MDE accounts. But I really thought I had them all last time on my phone (and they had their own MDE accounts then too).

I wonder if it would work out if I logged into their accounts on my phone, could I then save their passes on my phone?
It wouldn’t hurt to try that, but if that fails, you can get ticket cards for them at the first park - any ticket booth or GR office - or at the resort if you’re staying at a Disney resort. I know it’s one more thing to keep up with, but it will work just as well (probably even faster) than having them all on your phone.

My kid is in my MDE, and my husband can't see those tickets in wallet (and watch).

You could make your MIL a dependent in your MDE, if she isn't coming without you, or it doesn't matter that much. But not if you already assigned the ticket to her MDE.

Sounds like you are going to need some magicbands.

It’s possible that it changed after an app update.

However, logging into my husband’s MDE account and adding his pass to MY Apple Wallet worked, even though it said it would be added to his Apple ID. So hopefully it also works for you (fyi, the page stalled like it wasn’t working, so I closed it. But it went through).

It’s possible that it changed after an app update.

However, logging into my husband’s MDE account and adding his pass to MY Apple Wallet worked, even though it said it would be added to his Apple ID. So hopefully it also works for you (fyi, the page stalled like it wasn’t working, so I closed it. But it went through).
Thanks. I did it too, it worked.

I now have all the passes on my phone. I had to log into each of the 3 MDE accounts on my phone and save the pass, now they are all in my apple wallet.

Thanks!

Thanks. I did it too, it worked.

I now have all the passes on my phone. I had to log into each of the 3 MDE accounts on my phone and save the pass, now they are all in my apple wallet.

Thanks!
Thanks for the tip!

When I was last there the family in front of me going into Hollywood studios was told each adult had to have their own ticket in their own device because it caused backups to scan multiple people on one device. They were told to go to guest services for assistance. No idea if this is new policy but wanted to mention it. I know airlines have started doing the same thing.

When I was last there the family in front of me going into Hollywood studios was told each adult had to have their own ticket in their own device because it caused backups to scan multiple people on one device. They were told to go to guest services for assistance. No idea if this is new policy but wanted to mention it. I know airlines have started doing the same thing.

This makes sense and probably why Disney doesn’t allow us to add family/friends with accounts to our Wallets.

It seems what the OP figured out above was a loophole, because, for me, it stated that the pass would be added to his Apple ID account.

Unless an adult doesn’t have a smart phone/device, sending a screenshot of the QR code works just fine. This is what DH and I did for Disneyland.

I see a “Select passes to share option” when I go to the Disney MagicMobil section in the hamburger menu. It seems to let me share my pass via messaging with someone else. I have an iPhone. I didn’t try it, but I think this would have worked too. Your family would have to share their passes with you.

It honestly should have been this way from the start unless talking about small kids without an account. Takes forever being stuck behind these people. Plastic tickets take all of 2 seconds if everyone has their own lanyard.

Hello,

Please don't let me be behind you in the queue! (J/K) Do you have a system for getting everyone through efficiently though? If you are just doing this for entry (no Genie+) it's great, but if you are going in the LL as well, please be prepared for grumpy people waiting for you to get the right person with the right ticket. (I may be that grumpy person, but it's my anxiety talking, sorry!)

Please don't let me be behind you in the queue! (J/K) Do you have a system for getting everyone through efficiently though? If you are just doing this for entry (no Genie+) it's great, but if you are going in the LL as well, please be prepared for grumpy people waiting for you to get the right person with the right ticket. (I may be that grumpy person, but it's my anxiety talking, sorry!)
We all have magic bands too, so we will use them 99% of the time. I like to have the tickets in the apple wallet as a backup, we have needed a backup more than once during our trips (I don't like to slow down to stop at GS if needed).

Oh I'm that gumpy person too. I remember getting stuck at MK behind a group of 5 or 6 that had no physical media. It's annoying at the lightning lane entry but a million times worse at the park entry tapstyles.

Following this thread as it’s our first time visiting with magic bands and digital passes in the apple wallet.

I just downloaded the MDE app and put our 3 passes in my apple wallet. But I’m reading in this thread that scanning multiple passes from the apple wallet at park entry is frowned upon? We will all have magic bands. I did the apple wallet thing as back up. I think I will get the plastic cards at the resort for double back up.

I’m a DLR veteran and I can say all this stuff is so confusing and exhausting to the trip planner in the family, aka me.

Also it’s been so long since our last WDW visit do we still do fingerprints upon entry?

Following this thread as it’s our first time visiting with magic bands and digital passes in the apple wallet.

I just downloaded the MDE app and put our 3 passes in my apple wallet. But I’m reading in this thread that scanning multiple passes from the apple wallet at park entry is frowned upon? We will all have magic bands. I did the apple wallet thing as back up. I think I will get the plastic cards at the resort for double back up.

I’m a DLR veteran and I can say all this stuff is so confusing and exhausting to the trip planner in the family, aka me.

Also it’s been so long since our last WDW visit do we still do fingerprints upon entry?

I would expect fingerprints unless it's a super busy morning. One morning at MK they were just trying to get everyone through the tapstyles so they just had us all tap in.

Honestly it's enough of a time suck for me to be my kid's entry finger, I wouldn't want to deal with swiping between passes on my phone at the same time. But I'm a luddite. I think MBs + plastic cards + apple wallet is overkill though. The only time MBs tend to act up is if your MDE is chockful of them, which if you're a DLR vet I wouldn't worry about.

I would expect fingerprints unless it's a super busy morning. One morning at MK they were just trying to get everyone through the tapstyles so they just had us all tap in.

Honestly it's enough of a time suck for me to be my kid's entry finger, I wouldn't want to deal with swiping between passes on my phone at the same time. But I'm a luddite. I think MBs + plastic cards + apple wallet is overkill though. The only time MBs tend to act up is if your MDE is chockful of them, which if you're a DLR vet I wouldn't worry about.
We used the phone for Genie+ at DLR last year. It took all of one second per screen to swipe through our LLs at the ride entrances. I’m pretty fast with the phone but now I have performance anxiety! 😂

We used the phone for Genie+ at DLR last year. It took all of one second per screen to swipe through our LLs at the ride entrances. I’m pretty fast with the phone but now I have performance anxiety! 😂

If you're all adults or a small group (2-3) it's one thing, but the group in front of us was setting up RS with like 4 or 5 tickets on one phone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter