Added Trips! Now May, August, October & December!!! What?

What happens if we don't choose any? We just get none? As much as we don't need them, I would be sad if we don't get that box. It is a sign of the trip is coming soon!
Yup! I ended up just going with whatever. Like you said none of us are enamored with the ones that we got, but i was driving myself crazy checking. Good news is they shipped right away and should be arriving today!!!

Good Morning Everyone!!!!

Well, apparently camp is kicking my butt as much as the end of the school year was. But the good news, the girls had there last "A" Meet yesterday. they have some great this summer.

Morgan has improved enough that she was able to swim individual races this year!
She started out with backstroke and free as her strokes.
Untitled

But then her coaches realized she could swim Butterfly fairly well.
Untitled
And quickly became the 3rd swimmer for Butterfly for the rest of the season, (and known for her smile while she swims)

It was the first year for Gwen to swim on the team instead of the training squad.
Untitled
Gwen swam 8 and under all summer, even though her 2 classmates were 9-10. (as she doesn't turn 9 till Friday!) 8 and under is a strange grouping, alog of kids are just learning to swim and then you have a few kids that swim in the winter and are crazy good. Gwen fell squarly in the middle and ended up being the 2nd swimmer for butterfly also. She didn't enjoy it as much as Morgan did.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled
Teh swim the races in age order for, when the 15-18 year olds are getting ready to swim you have the tiny 8&unders standing next to them!

We had one swim meet get rained out just as we were starting...
Untitled
You can tell how rainy it was by the water! The rain got so hard, that they had to stop the meet cause you couldn't see the bottom of the pool.

Untitled
Morgan was NOT amused by the fact that they were trying to still have the meet in the rain.

Untitled
Overall it was a great summer season, Morgan got 4th in meet last weekend (a best for her!) and was only a second off of getting 3rd in both!

Untitled
And they actually made friends and socialized this year. (this was another big "issue" for Morgan last year)

We have ONE last "B" meet this Wednesday and then we are done!

Ok, enough about swimming... Sorry to bore you, I am a proud mama, as I used to swim and so glad Morgan really loves it as well. Gwen is more in between but I will take it!

In other summer news, Gwen recieved the Red Feather at Camp.
Untitled
They break the kids into "tribes" at camp of 20-30 kids each. And at the end of the week, the conselors choose 1 kid who represents there core values: respect, honesty, responsibility, inclusion, and something else I can't think of.

Untitled
They have a big cerimony to present the feathers and a fairly big deal. So, she was SUPER excitied!

So, what have I been doing for our trips?!?! Mostly stalking the dis thread for an announcement about Annual Passholder Event. And I am still waiting! BUT they did announce on Friday that CM are getting previews August 1st - 15th. Which pretty much means the AP preview have to be the week we are there. So, now I just need to get us signed up. Easy enough, right?

In other Galaxay's Edge news, they announce when Rise of the Ristance would open and it is literally the day we leave in December. My schedule has us spending the day at Hollywood Studios the day before. I know, no one really knows, but does anyone think Disney will do a media event and have the land closed?

I started to figure out Tinkerbell Gifts...
I ordered PJ's from Disney Store yesterday.
Untitled
I went with the Jasmine PJ's for me, Bo for Morgan and Gwen gets Marie. I always leave these out the first night and we wear them the whole trip and then obviously at home as well. We will be getting in late this trip, so it will be a little tricky to lay them out. But we usually figure something out.

Then on our first day, I found these at Target:
Untitled
So, I will leave these out to use for the week. We have 2 cooling towels all ready. And I also ordered on amazon 2 of these:
Untitled
They are cooling head bands, and I am thinking I will like that better than the cooling towels. I don't love the feeling of the wet towel on my next.

The only other day that I have something specific is our Hollywood Studios day.
Untitled
I ordered these with some shirts for our last trip.

They girls love the whole Bunny gets the pancake thing, so I know they will love the shirts. Although, Andy said he didn't love his shirt with the cookie medal. :(

Nope, I lied, I ordered these for the day after we are at the Halloween Party. It will be mostly a pool day. So, I ordered these pool toys for them to use.
Untitled

So, I have ALOT of Buttons... I can use these somewhere along the way...
Untitled
So, some of these I ordered last time I needed buttons and I ordered a few more yesterday AND they already shipped!

The ones on the upper right side, are mini buttons, and she shows them on the magic bands. And the unbirthday one, I thought would be cute, since our last trip was Morgan's birthday. No idea which ones I will use this trip. I can save a set for our December trip as well.

I also have these:
Untitled by Ariella Saucier, on Flickr
I had ordered a lot of used pins on amazon awhile back, and I dole them out for trips and other things over the year. It works out well, as they usually want to trade them and they are cheaper than buying new.

So, I have a few days to fill in and figure out Halloween Outfits for the party. I am hoping to figure those out today, We will see!

We also went shopping for new sneakers for the trip yesterday.
Untitled
Morgan got the blue ones, mine are in the middle and Gwen is the pink slide on ones.

Untitled
We all got fresh new sneakers to break in this month before we go. And Morgan and I got new crocs as well. Morgan hasn't really worn these before, but I thought she would like them. Gwen wanted a pair, but she is still in kid sizes and all croc had here those typical looking ones, so she passed.

So, I have more to post, but can't remember what it was...

In other Galaxay's Edge news, they announce when Rise of the Ristance would open and it is literally the day we leave in December. My schedule has us spending the day at Hollywood Studios the day before. I know, no one really knows, but does anyone think Disney will do a media event and have the land closed?
There probably will be one but it could end up being 2 days before? And then the day before it’s VIP previews? For us, GE opened on Friday, media preview was Wednesday, vips (celebrities and others) were on Thursday so they could take photos-before Wednesday no one was allowed to have their phones out!
We will be getting in late this trip, so it will be a little tricky to lay them out. But we usually figure something out.
Send the girls and Andy out to pick up a refillable mug? Or hide behind some bushes?

I also love the Wreck it Ralph shirts, including Andy’s!

Send the girls and Andy out to pick up a refillable mug? Or hide behind some bushes?
Ha! I usually send Andy and the girls out ahead of me to check something out and catch up to them. One time, I literally threw them on the floor while the girls were just looking the other way! Morgan knows it's me now, so it's really just Gwen to "dup".

I also love the Wreck it Ralph shirts, including Andy’s!
Thanks! Andy is actually going to wear the shirt for the Halloween party. I will have a post soon with our "costumes"

There probably will be one but it could end up being 2 days before? And then the day before it’s VIP previews? For us, GE opened on Friday, media preview was Wednesday, vips (celebrities and others) were on Thursday so they could take photos-before Wednesday no one was allowed to have their phones out!
I don't care if there is stuff going on, I am mostly worried if we will be able to get into the land at all. You would think they wouldn't block the entire land off for the entire day... And I mean, what are the chances it opens on time?!?

Another Update!!!

Two in one day!!!

I finished up the Tinkerbell Gifts! I ordered glow sticks from amazon for the Halloween Party Night.

I grabbed 2 shirts at Walmart today for the girls, and I forgot that I ordered these from Disney Store as well.
Untitled

So, I think I am all set. Well, once everything I ordered shows up.

I wanted to also talk about Magic Bands! I finally got orders placed. But in order to do it, I had order Morgan's on the Coronado stay and Gwen's on the Yacht Club's stay. And the rest are just plan bands. You can't place an order without choosing something for everyone. And MOST of the bands aren't available to choose.

I did get Morgan a BB8 band, which she really wanted and I ended up getting Gwen a Rock the Dot Band. I hope she likes it. I was trying to get her the Haunted Mansion one, but that seems to be a hopefully cause. Maybe I will look on etsy for some fun decals...

So, Gwen wanted to be Venellope for the Halloween Party. So, we started with that. And came up with this.
Untitled
Morgan is going to be Comfy Princess Moana and I am going to be Comfy Princess Snow White. Andy is going to wear his Medal Shirt. We have to some how make the teal tank top look like Vanellope's sweat shirt. But at least the candy for her hair will look cute.

I love the Tink gifts you've got for the girls! I'm with you stalking for info about the AP previews for SWGE. Since I'm Canadian, I don't get any AP emails, so I'm really hoping I find out about it in time! Your Halloween costume ideas are really cute! Nathan and I finally decided for ours, and I think we're gonna Disney bound as Kronk and Yzma. :)

I’m stalking the passholder previews too. It’s gotten intense on that thread lol.

Glad the girls are doing well with swimming!

The tinker bell gifts are all super cute!

How awesome that the girls did so well in swimming this year. I was a a swimmer through high school too and I look back longingly on those summer meets. Sadly we have no neighborhood pool so no swim team for Casey.

You are so infinitely more prepared than I am for our trip. We just got back from the beach last night and have 4 weeks until we leave for Disney. If I can manage to find some time to pack I'll consider it a success :earboy2:

I’m stalking the passholder previews too. It’s gotten intense on that thread lol.
It really has! I skim over alot of the posts. I don't need the drama and some of the comments. But I keep going with the eye on the prize!

You are so infinitely more prepared than I am for our trip. We just got back from the beach last night and have 4 weeks until we leave for Disney. If I can manage to find some time to pack I'll consider it a success :earboy2:
Packing! That is a whole other thing...

I'm glad the girls enjoyed their time at Swim!!

And congrats to Gwen receiving such a special honor at camp!

So many cute Tinkerbell gifts in the making!

What a great idea for Halloween costumes! Can't wait to see the finished product!

Hi Everyone!

Just a quick update, I was able to order Andy and myself magic bands this morning. I ordered the It's a Small World Magic Band and I ended up getting Andy Baymax. I am not sure he would have picked it out but it was the only option that I thought he would like. But I ordered ours on our Adults only trip in October, so not sure when they will ship. We will see.

Also, I guess Disney announce Jingle Bell Jingle Bam dates, but only general dates? I would love to do this, but I know my girlfriend really wants to do the one in Magic Kingdom and I am not sure if 2 dessert parties is too much for one trip. We will see.

And congrats to Gwen receiving such a special honor at camp!
So many cute Tinkerbell gifts in the making!
Thanks!

What a great idea for Halloween costumes! Can't wait to see the finished product!
Me too! I am nervous as to how Gwen's Costume is going to come out. I am not very crafty...

So, my plan are probably going to get blown up!

I was talking to my mom today, and sounds like my grandfather won't be able to fly up for my sisters wedding in September. Which is unfortant, as my mom's parents are def our favorite grandparents. I swear my Nanna is a kindered spirit with Gwen. They have always just gotten along like BFFs.

So, now, I might need to add back in a day where we drive down to Sebring.

I am also still waiting for the stupid Galaxy's Edge Previews for Annual Passholders to be announced. And DEAR GOD!!! It needs to be soon. I have been following the thread here on the boards and I don't like it. It's def NOT my cup of tea. A necissary evil at the moment.

So, depending on when and IF we can get a slot for Glaxy's Edge, I will have to see where we can fit in a visit to my grandparents.

I agree about the AP preview thread! It's not really my cup of tea either. I kind of wish there was a thread where people could gossip and argue and ask the same questions over and over, and shame people for asking those questions, etc. And then that there could be a second thread where only the important information gets posted. The particular type of chatter on that thread just isn't really entertaining to me. But I don't wanna miss out on the information! Even though our passes aren't activated yet, so I don't even know that we'd be able to sign up anyway. We'll see... Good luck trying to get a preview slot!

I was talking to my mom today, and sounds like my grandfather won't be able to fly up for my sisters wedding in September.
Oh no, I’m sorry. But at least you have the opportunity to visit him while you are in Orlando.
I am also still waiting for the stupid Galaxy's Edge Previews for Annual Passholders to be announced.
Maybe this week? Seems like they’ve had big announcements this week. Or does that mean that they’ll put it off for another week?

Omg that thread is AWFUL. I barely check it at this point though since I signed up for the text alerts. Its just too much!

Nice score on the savings at Coronado!

Ha ha, I've been following the AP thread despite not having any skin in the game. In fact, I think it makes it funnier that there are no stakes for me because I can just sit back, chuckle, and watch the crazy unfold :-)

Yay for an AP room discount! Cost savings and an upgrade: win-win.

Bummer about your grandparents not being able to fly up, but at least you found it now with plenty of time to adjust the plans.

I am still waiting for SWGE previews and that thread does suck! There sure are some know it alls on the boards, yuck!! Some just love to be mean and condescending! All I want is the link when it posts so I haven’t even looked at that thread for over a week!

I had this week off and thought for sure we would get the email and sign up this week, I have to work next week so it is way harder for me to stalk, haha!

The MB saga, another Disney fail! I was able to get the SE, snacks, and the MK white one for us after pulling my hair out!

I love your Tink gifts and MNSSHP costumes, smart choices for the hot weather!

Just a quick update, I was able to order Andy and myself magic bands this morning. I ordered the It's a Small World Magic Band and I ended up getting Andy Baymax.
I saw on the tourist blog that Dole Whip was back in stock so I made a one day ft wilderness reservation so I could get it for Casey (I randomly got her slinky dog before b/c that was all I could get). I think I ended up getting the small world one for me too, but honestly don't recall.

Hey! I just took a peek at the new AP discount that Disney just rolled out. I saved us $30 and upgraded us from a standard room at Coronado to a Water View Room at Coronado. It's not a perferred room, but seemed like a no brainer.
I didn't know they had a new rate out. I'll have to look into that

I was talking to my mom today, and sounds like my grandfather won't be able to fly up for my sisters wedding in September. Which is unfortant, as my mom's parents are def our favorite grandparents. I swear my Nanna is a kindered spirit with Gwen. They have always just gotten along like BFFs.
Oh I'm so sorry to hear that but good you'll have an opportunity to get to see them. Let me know if you are gonna go down on Saturday and I can cancel our Hoop reservation. We can figure out another plan if you think you'll be back later in the evening.

I am also still waiting for the stupid Galaxy's Edge Previews for Annual Passholders to be announced. And DEAR GOD!!! It needs to be soon. I have been following the thread here on the boards and I don't like it. It's def NOT my cup of tea. A necissary evil at the moment.
Oh I am in the same boat. That is the most ridiculous thread I have ever seen. My favorite is hearing about everyones daily plans and when it is/isn't convenient for Disney to send their email out. Very informative!

Its taken everything I have not to post what I think there because if I did I'm pretty sure I'd be kicked off the dis in a heartbeat

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter