• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Add ons included w/ DDP? ~ Bacon, etc.

wen8jr

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know if add ons are included with DDP?

For example, Le Cellier - per the menu you can get a Grilled Steak Burger and add on bacon or sauteed mushrooms for $1 each. Same with the chicken breast. Or if my DH ordered the New York Strip, can he ask for them cooked with mushrooms? The menu doesn't indicate that option, but he likes them and can usually do this at most resturants with no extra charge.

I understand actual sides are a separate charge, but this would be "cooked to order", is the $ included in the DDP for these items?

What I don't want to do is buy the DDP and spend a ton OOP too.

On the DDP, I have never had to pay OOP for anything extra...We do not even order alcohol in WDW...I would think that it would be included, but someone please tell me if that is incorrect! Iam sure someone will, if it is not!

I was able to add on mushrooms and onions at Sci Fi for my burger without any additional price. Yes we were on the dinning plan.

On the DDP, I have never had to pay OOP for anything extra...We do not even order alcohol in WDW...I would think that it would be included, but someone please tell me if that is incorrect! Iam sure someone will, if it is not!

Alcohol is not included. I've never even heard of one exception to this rule, however I have heard of some CM's letting people order shakes or smoothies andother non-alcoholic specialty drinks while on the DDP.

Alcohol is not included. I've never even heard of one exception to this rule, however I have heard of some CM's letting people order shakes or smoothies andother non-alcoholic specialty drinks while on the DDP.

Maybe you misunderstood me...WE NEVER ORDER ALCOHOL in WDW...so I have no idea about that...I only know about the FOOD...:thumbsup2

Alcohol is NOT included on this or any WDW dining plan, even the platinum plan. :goodvibes

It is included in dinner shows (but limited) whether you are on the DDP or not.

Does anyone know if add ons are included with DDP?

For example, Le Cellier - per the menu you can get a Grilled Steak Burger and add on bacon or sauteed mushrooms for $1 each. Same with the chicken breast. Or if my DH ordered the New York Strip, can he ask for them cooked with mushrooms? The menu doesn't indicate that option, but he likes them and can usually do this at most resturants with no extra charge.

I understand actual sides are a separate charge, but this would be "cooked to order", is the $ included in the DDP for these items?

What I don't want to do is buy the DDP and spend a ton OOP too.

Most steak houses charge for mushrooms with a steak. Even Outback, Lone Star, and Texas Roadhouse do this. I would be surprised if Le Celliar did NOT charge for them with a steak. Perhaps the CM or the restaurant would let the add-on be covered by the DDP, but you probably should be prepared to pay OOP for them anyway.

Bacon or mushrooms added to a burger would probably be covered on the DDP, since they’re on the menu as add-ons. On the other hand, steak ‘cooked-to-order’ means degree of doneness, not having things added to it. Le Cellier offers mushrooms as a side order, I think, which means your DH could order those and pay for them, but I would think – although could not state unequivocally – that Le Cellier would not add mushrooms to his steak at no charge.

Last week, my DH added vanilla ice cream to his molten chocolate cake at Kona (can't remember the dessert's exact name) and we were not asked to pay for it OOP, although I had been expecting to pay.

Maybe you misunderstood me...WE NEVER ORDER ALCOHOL in WDW...so I have no idea about that...I only know about the FOOD...:thumbsup2

Yes I did misunderstand you. Thanks for clarifying! I thought you were saying, that though you never order alcohol, you thought it would be included. :goodvibes

Regarding extras being included, I think it's best to just order what you want and not be too surprised if you get charged. It sounds like many CM's are allowing the add-on's, I am just not so convinced that it's policy to do so. They may just be being kind to us.

We've been able to add on bacon & sauted onions to the burgers at B&C, for no additional cost to the DDP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter