Add on points minimums

Hiddenmickey75

Earning My Ears
So I seem to get a different answer each time I ask a Disney cast member. So I figured I'd ask the people that really know. I am looking so see what the minimum point add on direct purchase through Disney is? I am a member and own at 3 resorts. Also is that answer the same whether I add on at one of my home resorts or it is at an entirely new resort that I do not own at?

25 points is minimum if paying cash (credit card counts). It doesn’t have to be a resort you own. We owned BLT resale when we bought 25 direct AKV. I just added on 35 AKV a few weeks ago and put on a Disney visa for 0% interest and points.

I’m not positive on the minimum if you plan to finance. I have heard 50, but have never done it myself.

Most resorts its 25 for cash and 50 to finance, RIV is 50 points no matter how one pays. I am not positive but I also think 50 is the minimum for CCV as well.

You can add on what you own or other resorts. It only counts as an add on though if it is the same UY with the same owners, If you want a different one, then it’s like buying it as a new owner and the minimum is higher.

Thank you for the info. I originally was going to buy 50 at CCV and 50 at RIV, then at the last minute my guide told me we could not do that for some reason. So decided to do all100 at CCV, kinda wish we would of went with RIV and then CCV on resale. Maybe will add on 50 at RIV now that I know this. Thanks

Anyone know the closing costs for 25 points (likely AKV)? when we added on years ago it was $60 or so. I've heard it's more now?

Anyone know the closing costs for 25 points (likely AKV)? when we added on years ago it was $60 or so. I've heard it's more now?
Yes! We paid $374.70 ($250 of that is document prep so that’s a flat rate no matter how many points you buy) for 35 AKV points a few weeks ago. It was definitely way cheaper years ago.

Thank you for the info. I originally was going to buy 50 at CCV and 50 at RIV, then at the last minute my guide told me we could not do that for some reason. So decided to do all100 at CCV, kinda wish we would of went with RIV and then CCV on resale. Maybe will add on 50 at RIV now that I know this. Thanks
If it’s still within 10 days you can back out of your 100 points. Were you asking them to combine closing cost maybe? I can’t think of why they would say no. I added on 75 and then 50 at different resorts with no issues but it was 2 processes.

If it’s still within 10 days you can back out of your 100 points. Were you asking them to combine closing cost maybe? I can’t think of why they would say no. I added on 75 and then 50 at different resorts with no issues but it was 2 processes.
No this was back in October before the 125 jump for direct. We could not decide between the two resorts and it was his suggestion to do the split. Then at the last minute told us he could not split. I thought he said something about the minimum on RIV was 75 and that was why? Also never knew about the 10 days to change your mind. That was the only thing about the buying process I didn't really like. I felt like the guides were still like used car salesmen and a little shady or at the least not very forthcomming about information.

No this was back in October before the 125 jump for direct. We could not decide between the two resorts and it was his suggestion to do the split. Then at the last minute told us he could not split. I thought he said something about the minimum on RIV was 75 and that was why? Also never knew about the 10 days to change your mind. That was the only thing about the buying process I didn't really like. I felt like the guides were still like used car salesmen and a little shady or at the least not very forthcomming about information.
I think it really depends on the guide because mine was very helpful with information and said multiple times they are not pressuring people to buy. You can always try a different guide if you do decide to buy some Riviera points. And I wish I bought before the increase but I was just getting into DVC at that time. But at this point I am learning I can always use more points 😅

I absolutely agree with the needing to buy more points. I also didn't feel any pressure to buy at all, which I appreciate. Guess I should of asked more people on this forum before buying I guess to get the inside scoop. So much knowledge on here, I really appreciate that.

As a new member, your minimums would be different than a current owner.

It could be why they said they couldn’t sell you one contract less than 100.

I guess I could see that as being a thing. Again I just wish that would of been explained to me as the reason. I think with my next purchase I'll try a different guide and see how that goes. Plus I have way more information now than I did 8 months ago. Thanks

I guess I could see that as being a thing. Again I just wish that would of been explained to me as the reason. I think with my next purchase I'll try a different guide and see how that goes. Plus I have way more information now than I did 8 months ago. Thanks

It really depends on if you owned anything when you did that purchase or not. You state in the 1st post that you own at 3 resorts so did they other 2 come after that CCV purchase or before? As stated it makes a difference. It's also a lot of info to take in when you're first buying unless you've done a lot of research ahead of time.

Ah your original post said you owned already, hence why I said 25/50. The minimum is higher if you aren’t a DVC member. It was 75 in early 2019 (a friend bought 75 CCV) and I believe the minimum now is 100 but 125 is needed for blue card.

Ah your original post said you owned already, hence why I said 25/50. The minimum is higher if you aren’t a DVC member. It was 75 in early 2019 (a friend bought 75 CCV) and I believe the minimum now is 100 but 125 is needed for blue card.
Yes, that's correct, I am asking about now that I am an owner. The conversation drifted away a bit from the original question. I am looking to add on possibly direct if I can't find a decent resale and was wondering what the minimum was now that I am a direct blue card member. Sorry if I was being confusing.

If you are an owner , then the add-on minimums are 25pts for most resorts and 50 for Riv or CCV if paying cash. If financing its 50 for everywhere.
If you are a new member the min is 125pts no matter what. I just went thru this for a friend who wanted to buy in but didn't want to do the 125 and was willing to no have a blue card. I went all the way up the line to Terri Schultz and was told that in Oct they changed it to 125 no matter what and nothing could be done to change that. She wanted to buy 100 points cash and they wouldn't take her $$. I was shocked

If you are an owner , then the add-on minimums are 25pts for most resorts and 50 for Riv or CCV if paying cash. If financing its 50 for everywhere.
If you are a new member the min is 125pts no matter what. I just went thru this for a friend who wanted to buy in but didn't want to do the 125 and was willing to no have a blue card. I went all the way up the line to Terri Schultz and was told that in Oct they changed it to 125 no matter what and nothing could be done to change that. She wanted to buy 100 points cash and they wouldn't take her $$. I was shocked

For the health of the overall system it's probably a good thing. Minimums were over 200 pts for OKW for awhile. Then had been dropped to 160 and then 150 until a decade or so ago when suddenly there were people buying 100 pts. Then it became 75. Then it became 50 for their initial contracts. A few even reported they came in at 25 pts. Studios became more and more difficult to book and there is a fixed cost with having each individual member too.

We closed October 1st, so got lucky to get the blue card on 100 points and just must of beat the rise to 125. Waited till then because my son turned 18 on Sept 30th and I wanted to put him on the title along with wife and daughter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter