Add Giselle to the Princess court!!

ArvisoCa6

Father of 5 beautiful girls, Husband to 1 beautifu
Anyone else feel like Giselle (sp) should be added to the court of Disney princesses? My whole family LOVES the movie enchanted. I think we should start a grass roots movement to get her added!!!!
:dance3::dance3::dance3:

I seem to remember there is a legal reason as to why Giselle is not one of the official Disney Princesses. Something about the fact that she is a character portrayed by an actress.
Anyone else with more info on this?

I do love Enchanted though!

Technically, she's not a princess. She was going to be a princess, but then she wound up with Patrick Dempsey instead... As you can tell, I've seen the movie more than once. :laughing: My girls and I love it and I wish that there was some Enchanted merchandise around (of course, we feel the same way about Kingdom Hearts...).

Technically, she's not a princess. She was going to be a princess, but then she wound up with Patrick Dempsey instead... As you can tell, I've seen the movie more than once. :laughing: My girls and I love it and I wish that there was some Enchanted merchandise around (of course, we feel the same way about Kingdom Hearts...).

AH HA!!! But Mulan is not a princess as her father was a peasant and she marries a solider.

Pocahontas is not a princess, you might say, 'she is an indian princess' but there is really no such thing.

I'm not trying to bash you or your comment I am just counterpointing your statement about her not marrying the prince. :rolleyes1

I seem to remember there is a legal reason as to why Giselle is not one of the official Disney Princesses. Something about the fact that she is a character portrayed by an actress.
Anyone else with more info on this?

I do love Enchanted though!

This is right. Here is the Wall Street Journal article stating that Disney had planned to but did not market princess Giselle merchandise (like dolls, etc) because they would have to pay Amy Adams royalties for using her likeness, so she was never made an official princess.

http://online.wsj.com/public/article/SB119543097711697381.html

AH HA!!! But Mulan is not a princess as her father was a peasant and she marries a solider.

Pocahontas is not a princess, you might say, 'she is an indian princess' but there is really no such thing.

I'm not trying to bash you or your comment I am just counterpointing your statement about her not marrying the prince. :rolleyes1

You're making the assumption that just because Disney does something, I agree with it.

I feel the same way about Mulan. She's not a princess and she has no place in the princess merchandise. I like her, I like the movie, but seriously - not a princess.

Pocahontas is a completely different thing...you really don't want to hear my opinions on how Disney slaughtered that story.

My 4 year old would agree with you 100%. In fact, during our trip in November she wore her Giselle "curtain" dress (found it on ebay from a seller in the UK) and got non-stop attention from the CMs. Most of them sang to her, a few bowed and one was so excited to see her that he grabbed a "....Happily Ever After" button while we were riding Storybook and thanked her for making his day. At the end of the day, she asked why was everyone talking to her. I said most people don't get to meet Giselle everyday. princess:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter