• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Add DDP to room only stay

cmsnyder77

Mouseketeer
I'm doing a split stay with tickets on the first part of the stay. How do I add dining plan for the room only part of the stay?

I believe unless you have an annual pass there is no way to add the dining plan to a room only reservation.

I'm doing a split stay with tickets on the first part of the stay. How do I add dining plan for the room only part of the stay?

The pp is correct that you can book a ticketless package (room + DDP). With that said, however, unless things have recently changed, you can't just add the DDP to a RO reservation. If you want the package, the RO will have to be cancelled/refunded and a ticketless package booked, requiring a new $200 deposit (and the balance will be due 30 days prior to arrival). Since RO and packages are different reservation systems, money paid toward one cannot be applied to the other.

mickeynut1 is correct. Room plus dining (ticketless package) is a package reservation, so will require a $200 deposit and is subject to different terms and conditions than a room-only. You'll have to call WDW to book.

That's interesting. I wonder how they handle it for DVC.

We never buy a package. Our room is based on points.

In the past, they have simply added the dining plan.

I've done ticketless package a couple of times. It's very straightforward to book, although you do have to call and it's not possible to price it out on the website. You get all the package goodies except for tickets, and you can always add the tickets.

That's interesting. I wonder how they handle it for DVC.

We never buy a package. Our room is based on points.

In the past, they have simply added the dining plan.
It's the deal DVC worked out with WDW parks. They are two different companies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter