Ad covers content on News page (Android Chrome)

pdarrah

It's nice to know you are real, too
This doesn't happen when I view the page on a computer - the problem only happens on my phone. I've actually tried a few android phones with different versions of android (Marshmallow, Oreo & Pie). I'm assuming the issue is with the Chrome browser there.

As soon as the page loads, an add pops in over the top of the list of news stories. There is a little X in the corner, but using it just lets you give google feedback about the ad and still leaves the box over the content. This has been happening for a few weeks now - On a slower phone I can sometimes read the top few headlines before it shows up, but I got a new phone at black Friday and now it's too fast!

I haven't tried another browser on my phone, but I've tried 3 different phones using Chrome and they all have the same problem.

On some other pages, similar ads come in after the page loads, but there is a gap (white space) left in the content so that you can still see it.

I just took a screenshot so you can see what is happening:

Screenshot_20181204-104642.png
Uz8vqC49SjgwXRDWA

Does anyone from the site look at posts in this section? It's very frustrating not to be able to see DIS news on my phone because of these popup google ads. :(

Im getting similar problem on Safari while using iPad. Big Adds covering up posts. It’s really annoying. Hope someone comes along to sort it out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts