• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ack! Please tell the truth about crowds

We went on our first curise in Nov and my husband absolutley loved it. He goes along on all of our DW trips being dragged from park to park waiting in lines, keeping his opinions mostly to himself. He was worried the cruise would be the same way. He was pleasantly surprised, we didn't rush anywhere. We always got a seat at the theater, and didn't rush to arrive super early. We too like sitting in the back as we have a handicapped child who doesn't do steps very well. We arrived for dinner just after 8:15, letting the people who lined up at the door in and just strolling to our table. My brother in law loved the fact the adult pool opened at 6am(I think) He had it all to himself. He and his wife have no children, are in their 50's and are frequent cruisers. He told us this was his favorite cruise out of all of them and Disney knows how to cruise, he especially love Palo's brunch! My husband enjoyed the first cruise so much that we are going again on the Eastern Aug 29th.

Most of the time, there is no problem with crowds - but there are a couple of places to be wary of:

Shutters before and after dinner - everyone wants to find their picture - now. The other bad time here is the last night of the cruise. It does not help that it is the principal way to get fore and aft on that deck.

The Atrium on formal night (on the Magic) - everyone wants their professional pictures with the ships Captain - plan ahead.

Topsiders on boarding day early afternoon

Waiting to disembark on the last morning when US Customs is late/slow.

There are some events that by their very definition are crowded - th CMs are looking for a crowd to get the spirit going - Sailaway, Pirate Party, and Atrium parties. But being part of the crowd is what makes some of these events special.

Don't worry - you will not feel crowded 98% of the time and will have a great time.

That is all very true, but on the flip side, it always amazes me how quiet things can get, One day I woke up on deck 9, I was the only one around, the guys had cleaned up all around me, how can it get THAT quiet? I just LOVE that time (4.30pmish-late ) around the decks, it is so quiet, I just love it.

Oh yes, and I should say, we spent a whole year persuading my Dad to go on a 7 day western, he said it would be too busy,too many crying kids,not enough to do.

He is booked to go on a transatlantic next year;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter