Accomodation in Bradenton/Anna Maria Island

Young Pooh

DIS Veteran
We will be spending the last 5 nights of our trip next August on the Gulf Coast and were looking at the Bradenton/Anna Maria Island area. We don't want to travel too far south as we will be flying back from Tampa.

I had originally looked at the Shorewalk Vacation Villas in Bradenton as they offered a 2 bed unit and were very reasonable - also seemed to get good reviews.

I then happened upon the Bungalow Beach Resort right on the beach at AMI. Whilst this is more expensive (for a 1 bed unit) it looks fantastic.

Has anyone stayed at either property or have any other recommendations. We prefer something with either 2 bedrooms - or 1 bedroom plus sofa bed in living room - rather than a traditional hotel room.

Thanks.

We stayed at Runaway Bay on Anna Maria Island for a week in August this year. Loved it. Had a very spacious 2 bed/2 bath condo across the road form the beach. Runaway Bay had an outdoor pool, gym, barbecue area and tennis courts. Wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. PM if you would like more info.

Mrs TT

Anyone else?

We stayed at a condo owned by a chap originally from Yorkshire right on Anna Maria with a great location - his website is annamariacondo.com - love the fishing pier! Cold beers and a sunset every night was our fave - a great chill out spot.

We stayed on Holmes Beach on Anna Maria Island last May. Was fantastic.
Would stay there over again. Right on beachside. Step out room on to beach.
Not a Hotel but a Motel type place but with air conditioning and its just beautiful.
Fantastic sunsets, swimming pool there but we swam in the sea all the time.
They have all different size rooms. Go there- you wont regret it.
White Sand Beach Resort. Look at their website.

Stayed at Shorewalk a couple of years ago in a 2 bed unit. Very good price. Restaurant and small shopping mall within walking distance.

10 minute drive to Holmes Beach. We enjoyed our stay there.

We are on Anna Maria right now! We spend our whole holiday here so rent a house for the duration, but when we got married here a couple of years ago, quite a few guests stayed at http://www.annamariabeachcottages.com/

There are quite a few choices of cottages, but they were all really lovely and very close to the beach. There are lots of similar places here, I'm not sure how you could choose, but there are reviews on Tripadvisor of quite a few, so maybe that will help?

Thanks for your replies - this has just made the decision so much harder!

I am definately moving away from the idea of the Shorewalk Villas and more towards the lovely cottages by the beach - but which one????

I would definitely recommend staying on the island rather than in Bradenton, you are only ever a short walk from the beach wherever you stay on Anna Maria, and the island trolley runs up and down the island all day so it's very easy to get about. There isn't a whole lot in Bradenton in terms of a vacation, it's very residential and spread out.

But choosing somewhere on the island is going to be difficult as there are so many lovely places to choose from. If you have any questions about the island, I will be more than happy to try to help, we've been staying here for the past 14 years or so, and absolutely love it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter