• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Access to TOTWL for resale buyers

It will be tied into your MB. We stayed on rented points and knew that obviously meant no DVC perks/discounts but at one restaurant in Epcot they scanned my MB to pay for our meal and the waiter said he would be right back as we hadn't received our discount for being DVC. He came back a few minutes later with a new discounted bill.
And he got 20% tip ;)

How did they know you are a DVC member without even asking? Unless you meant you identified yourself as a DVC member, but they didn't ask for a membership card for confirmation.
LAX

It's somehow tied to your magic band. I suspect it comes up when you stay on points. They didn't even ask at the restaurants. They just gave us the discounts. The merchandise people wanted a card or the virtual card AND some kind of ID to prove that it's your card. I was told (and my wife, as well, at another location) that the merchandise places can't read all the fields of the magic band to know if you are a DVC member (even if entered in MDE), so they need to see the card.

It's somehow tied to your magic band. I suspect it comes up when you stay on points. They didn't even ask at the restaurants. They just gave us the discounts. The merchandise people wanted a card or the virtual card AND some kind of ID to prove that it's your card. I was told (and my wife, as well, at another location) that the merchandise places can't read all the fields of the magic band to know if you are a DVC member (even if entered in MDE), so they need to see the card.

That is probably why that checkbox asks, is this person a member, when making a reservation. But technically the wait staff should not base the discount based on your MB.

Hopefully I've managed to upload an image of the new resale digital members card now...

Attachments

• 20170316_073220.png
    20170316_073220.png
    160.3 KB · Views: 79
It will be tied into your MB. We stayed on rented points and knew that obviously meant no DVC perks/discounts but at one restaurant in Epcot they scanned my MB to pay for our meal and the waiter said he would be right back as we hadn't received our discount for being DVC. He came back a few minutes later with a new discounted bill.

Was it 10% off? I should have used my MB to pay for the character meal (yes, it was for the little ones) when I stayed on rented points last year! Would have been worth a try.

LAX

Was it 10% off? I should have used my MB to pay for the character meal (yes, it was for the little ones) when I stayed on rented points last year! Would have been worth a try.

LAX
I don't recall. I never asked for any discounts because I was renting points but he just did it after scanning my MB. At Disney I try to not look at the bill and just swipe away with my MB...lol

Something must be tied to the MB. We stayed on rented points for our honeymoon last year. We decided to try and ask to go up to TOtWL, playing the honeymoon angle to see if they would let us up (we figured it would be a no). We got in line behind a couple and before we could even ask, they scanned my husband's MB and waved us right along!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter