Abuwalkers’ January Freeze: Days 6 and 7, Final thoughts

abuwalker

Earning My Ears
DAY SIX: Cindy’s Castle for Breakfast and EPCOT.

Cast:
DW: Me, aged 38
DH, Mo, aged 36
DD Leila, aged 9
DD Samya, aged 6
DS Zach, aged 16 months

We weren’t even going to try to make it for Early entry (Thursday). My family is tired by now. We got to MK at about 9:30 and headed to Cindy’s for our 9:50 PS. We got called upstairs before our kids could even meet the fairy godmother! We saw Cindy and the Prince, Aurora, Sleeping Beauty, and another favorite, Alladin. Everyone was nice, but we liked Alladin and Aurora the best. We never did see Jasmine, who is my kids’ all time favorite princess.

As this was our last morning in MK, we wanted to go to Adventureland, have baby Zach’s hair cut, and the girls’ silhouettes made. We rode Pirates and did the Jungle Cruise. We then headed to the Barber Shop. 16 month-old Zach wowed them, because he’s the cutest thing you’ve every seen, with dark curly hair, huge brown eyes, and inch long lashes. He got his “first haircut” ears, and had his photo taken with his barber, as well as a barbershop quartet singer, and another woman in character dress.

We rode the train around MK, (which I mistakenly thought would give us a view of the entire park. It was kind of disappointing.), and had silhouettes done, which are as charming as can be.

Because we didn’t want to waste warm weather “resting” in our room, my DH took sleeping DS (in stroller) and DDs on the monorail to Epcot (don’t have to fold stroller!!), while I bused back to ASMo for our coats. We were planning to stay for Illuminations and would need the warm gear!

We met at the fountain, grabbed fast passes for Test Track (I love speed!!) and did some more countries. We headed back to Test Track, and then hopped on the monorail to Grand Floridian for our PS’s at the Villains Dinner. My DH, DS and DDs got to ride in front. I got in car #2 with stroller. Apparently they only allow 4 passengers in the front, and they included 16-month-old Zach. Oh well!!

The Villains dinner was great! We felt slightly underdressed in the GF, tho! We had 6 p.m. ressies and the restaurant was a bit empty in the beginning. The villains included the Queen of Hearts, Gov. Ratcliffe, Captain Hook, and Prince John, who was the best! 16-month-old Zach was really acting up, banging his plate, and making a lot of noise. Prince John really played it up with him, and we pointed out that Zach was a “Villain in training.” The food was great too, especially the mussels!

We rode back to Epcot, did HISTA and got decent seats for Illuminations, which we loved. No one does a better production than Disney! Too bad they can’t host an Olympics.

DAY SEVEN: MGM, EPCOT and HOME

We got up, finished packing, had our bags picked up and headed to MGM. Went straight back for RnR and ToT, then off to Indiana Jones. I told my husband some hints I read on this board to get selected as the “extra.” Sure enough, he was the first one chosen! He did a great job and we enjoyed the show. DH and DD did the Little Mermaid. Mom followed baby around as he ran free.

We headed to Epcot for lunch at Cantina de San Angel. Darn but those birds that hang around the outdoor eating area are aggressive! Picked up Fast Passes (again!) for Test Track, and finished the countries. We caught the character bus at Italy. This was new for us. I guess it works pretty well if it’s not too crowded. We never did see the girls 3 fav princesses – Jasmine, Belle or Ariel! We were in Japan at 3:00 when we realized we need to be at Test Track at 3:10. We speed walked and, amazingly, made it! I was pretty proud considering it was Day 7 and we were tired! We hit Spaceship Earth one last time, and headed back to ASMo for a quick dinner in the food court, and pick up by Tiffany Towncar.

We had an uneventful trip home, and arrived at midnight

FINAL THOUGHTS

Our biggest worry was our 16-month son, who was actually great. He loved being outdoors and was pretty well behaved. Riding on the bus was the most difficult thing for him. Anyone with questions about being there with toddlers can e-mail me at abuwalker@home.com.

It was cold! Next trip we’ll try October!

Empty parks meant we did a lot of rides. Fast Pass also meant that we looked at the watch a lot, and that it sort of set our schedule. I don’t know if this was good or bad! My DH isn’t as much of a rider as we girls, so he would probably prefer it a bit more crowded with less time on rides.

We ate at counter service places more than I originally planned. But I find it stressful to be in a nice place with a toddler who has unpredictable behavior and manners. Maybe next trip I’ll hit some of those nicer restaurants I’ve been reading about!

We did a good job staying within our budget. What we overspent in terms of souvenirs, we made up for in that we didn’t do Universal (but instead upgraded to a 7 day park hopper.) Since we had planned to take Tiffany Towncar to Universal, and buy tickets for 4, we saved $$.

Next time I’ve sworn that we’ll slow down, etc. But it is easier said than done! Hopefully next trip we’ll stay for 10 days and really take it easy -- or not :).

[This message was edited by abuwalker on 02-05-01 at 04:06 PM.]

Thanks for the trip report. Your kids sound like they are very flexible. Glad you had a great time.

I love reading trip reports! Thanks so much for posting. I've printed each day off and will read them at home later. Just wanted you to know your efforts are appreciated. Thank you for sharing your vacation with us!

Lisa

CBR - 10/98
BC - 10/98
BC - 6/00
GF - 9/00
Dolphin - 6/01

Sounds like you had a great trip! Thanks for posting, I enjoyed reading it.

--Beth

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter