? about Windsor Hills townhouses with splash pools

2Pirates2Princesses

DIS Veteran
I have been looking into both condo and townhouse units at Windsor Hills for our next trip and I like that the townhouses have private small splash pools. Is pool heat needed for these splash pools during the warmer months (May-Sept)? Pool heat seems like a pricey additional expense and if these splash pools are too chilly to use when unheated (even during the warmer months) then we would probably just rent a condo unit instead of a townhouse. Thanks for any replies.

I have been looking into both condo and townhouse units at Windsor Hills for our next trip and I like that the townhouses have private small splash pools. Is pool heat needed for these splash pools during the warmer months (May-Sept)? Pool heat seems like a pricey additional expense and if these splash pools are too chilly to use when unheated (even during the warmer months) then we would probably just rent a condo unit instead of a townhouse. Thanks for any replies.

We stayed in a townhouse at WH a few years ago in June. The splash pool was great - no heat was needed! We always go to Orlando in June and it has always been very hot. We have also rented a house in June with a large pool and pool heat wasn't needed at all. Having your own pool after a long, hot day in the parks is a wonderful thing!

We stayed in a townhouse at WH a few years ago in June. The splash pool was great - no heat was needed! We always go to Orlando in June and it has always been very hot. We have also rented a house in June with a large pool and pool heat wasn't needed at all. Having your own pool after a long, hot day in the parks is a wonderful thing!

Nope, no heat is needed during those summer months. If you keep the blanket on, it will be bath-water warm. :goodvibes

We were there last April and our splash pool was at least 90 degrees. It was more like a hot tub. :banana:

I highly recommend getting one if you have children who can swim. My kids were in it before breakfast and also right before bed. They thought it was the best thing ever!

We were just there the first week of Oct this year and didn't need pool heat. As for the kids thing - remember the splash pools are actually deeper than the main clubhouse pool, if I remember correctly the splash pool was 5feet deep, which is over a lot of kids heads.

Gina

We go in early May and opt for pool heat. One year the pool was so warm, it was like a hot tub. The following year (different townhouse) the pool heat just took the chill off. I'm not sure if that heater just didn't work as well or if the owner is able to set it at a certain temperature. I would imagine no pool heat would be needed at all later in the summer.

We have booked a townhouse in late January and early February. We have asked for the pool heat to be set at maximum (the owner told me 82 is the max they can set it at). I've heard the heat can be pretty variable from townhome to townhome. I'd hate to have the pool be too chilly that time of year and not be able to use it comfortably. Anyone have any experience with using the splash pools in winter?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter