? about tipping in Cozumel

Kim&Chris

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone,

We're spending our day in Coz relaxing at Paradise Beach.

I know they have waiters that bring your drinks to your beach chair, but how much do you tip? A buck per drink? A few dollars per drink?

I was hoping one of you would be able to help me figure out how many $1 bills I need to bring :teeth: .

I don't know what everyone else does but we ran a tab for food/drinks for the day. When we were ready to leave, we paid the bill and added somewhere between 15-20% for a tip.

UMTerp

I agree, where ever you can run a tab and pay and tip at the end. But make sure to check over the bill before paying, I've heard of people being over charged (it has not happened to me). Bring lots of single bills, I've had to tip a $5 for a drink once because he said he didn't have change.

Also I tip more to the people who don't have there hand out :)

I knew the waitstaff should be tipped, but what about the cabdrivers in cozumel? Does the 15-20% tip apply to them as well?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter