About that Pooh quilt I making I ran into a problem

dyna

DIS Veteran
I ran into a problem The puter paper is to heavy for the iron on transfer. In the past I've used regular notebook paper like kids use in school. That paper is to small for the pics I've already printed. Tissue paper is not strong enough transfer pencil tears that paper.

Anyone have any ideas on the kind of paper I need I will need at least 20 sheets regular puter paper sized or have to completely redo all 20 pics to the size of the paper. I can cut to fit if the paper comes in bigger sheets but I can't make the sheets of paper bigger.

Also the new transfer pencil I bought is harder than the ones I used years ago so there for does not work as well as the old ones did. I gonna call mom see if she has an old one if not maybe an aunt does. :wizard:

Also my iron is not as heavy as the old one I used years ago so I having to apply more pressure on the iron. As I'm finding out light and easy not always better. Not sure how much that has to do with the problem. :confused3

OH and my new ironing board has a printed cover on it and when I tried transfering with the puter paper the print and color of the ironing board cover came thru onto my material but the transfer did not transfer :rotfl2: Good thing I was just practicing at the moment :badpc:

5 hours work just this morning alone and its only 9 am. I'll get this project done I'm as stubborn as they come when it comes to stuff like this. I will win in the end. It might take me awhile but I will win. :)

Some thoughts for you.

Simply put a clean white cloth - either an old sheet, tshirt, or whatever - even a threadbare old towel would work - between the ironing board cover and the fabric you are transferring on to. That should take care of that problem.

Ok, if I am remembering correctly from your original post and putting it together with this information you are not actually printing from the computer to the paper but were simply using that paper right? If that is the case forget paper. Pick up some of the lightweight interfacing at your local fabric store. I'd also try one of the transfer pens rather than the pencil. I can't remember the brand but I used one several years ago when working on some costuming. It worked great.

As for the iron yes, less weight will mean more muscle on your part. But as long as you're putting that pressure into it that shouldn't be the problem. My guess is it is mainly the pencil.

Oh, if you're really set on using paper look for some of the quilting design paper. It is lighter weight also.

Deb

Thanks Fan, Problem is solved went got me some tracing paper today it's all goin good now. The tracing paper also just so happens to be the size I want my blocks.

I got Eeyore finally printed out too. Had a friend do him for me he had better luck than I did but then he knew what he was doing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter