? About Sharing the Magic Referrals

disneypoor

DH thinks I have a "thing" for Mickey!
DVC Gold
Hello! I was pleasantly surprised that someone that I had referred had decided to buy in to DVC.:goodvibes The person that I referred didn't tell me they had bought direct. The last I knew, they were buying resale. Apparently, addonitis hit them FAST, and they now have three contracts and one is direct.:lmao:

My question is about the reward program DVC uses for sharing the magic. After searching the forums, it looks like I should have first received a letter from my guide telling me someone had used me for a referral and that following that, I would receive an email with a link I could use to claim my reward. Neither of those things happened, but I had a nice surprise in the mail last week and we received my redemption certificate. I just mailed in my redemption certificate today, but I was wondering if it should be showing anywhere on my account on the member site? When I log in to my account, I don't see any place where I could have claimed my reward online. Has Disney switched to just using the mail and the redemption certificates, or should it show on my account when I log in and give me the option to redeem online? Is 7 weeks the normal amount of time it usually takes to receive the Disney gift cards?

This isn't a big deal at all, but I just wondered why this wouldn't have showed up on my account for redemption? Thanks so much for any input!

Susan

Information about the program is on the member website under Member Privileges.

:earsboy: Bill

I've already looked under Member Services. I don't see where my credit would have appeared though? I saw the description of the levels and stuff, but I don't see where I should have been able to claim my reward. Let me know if you have any idea where that would show up.

Susan

On the home page of the website, there should be a link in the menu box along the right which reads "Sharing the Magic". It should be right below the "My Vacation Points" link.

When we did a referral a year ago, we got the e-mail notification about the reward, but did not find the link on the DVC member website. It turns out that it was linked to my login, not my wife's. We only ever used her login, so I had to activate my login and it was there. We did get the certificate in the mail as well, but I did the reward on-line once I found it.

If there is more than one person on your membership, you may need to look under everyone's login to find it.

Thank you! I do see where I can click to get information on sharing the magic, but I don't see where I can redeem my reward anywhere. My husband and I are both on the membership and bought in to DVC together, and we've always had just one email address listed. Do you suppose I need to try to set up an account for my husband as well? Maybe that's why we didn't get the email notification about the reward either??:confused3 I definitely have an account and can see everything on dvcmember.com, but I sure don't see any type of redemption area. I mailed in the certificate though, but this kind of stuff just drives me nuts.:rotfl: I don't think DVC's site is very user friendly at all!

Susan

Thank you! I do see where I can click to get information on sharing the magic, but I don't see where I can redeem my reward anywhere. My husband and I are both on the membership and bought in to DVC together, and we've always had just one email address listed. Do you suppose I need to try to set up an account for my husband as well? Maybe that's why we didn't get the email notification about the reward either??:confused3 I definitely have an account and can see everything on dvcmember.com, but I sure don't see any type of redemption area. I mailed in the certificate though, but this kind of stuff just drives me nuts.:rotfl: I don't think DVC's site is very user friendly at all!

Susan

We had a referral last year and it was not on my account and was told it would be on his. I never set him up for one so we just sent back the one we received in the mail.

Susan

Usually when you purchase a contract, they set up a dvcmember.com portal for all members listed as owners on the contract. Like you, we only activated my wife's account, but we could have done both. I called member services and they were able to help me activate my access. Once in, I was able to find the "Sharing the Magic" reward link on the right side of the home screen. The link from the Member Privileges only takes you to information about the program.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter