?? about Riverbelle Restaurant

jfritz

Mouseketeer
For those of you who are familiar with both WDW and DL, is the Riverbelle Restaurant similar to the Crystal Palace in WDW?

For those of you who are familiar with both WDW and DL, is the Riverbelle Restaurant similar to the Crystal Palace in WDW?

not at all!!! the closest thing to it is the Plaza Inn and that is only for breakfast...we dont have anything like it for lunch or dinner...RiverBelle Terrace is Cafeteria stall for all meals...breakfast is standard fare and lunch and dinner are basically sandwich bbq type meals...Plaza Inn is also cafeteria style but they do a character breakfast with Minnie and Friends in which pooh and his friends are also a part of....the decor is sort of similar to CP but thats about it...

I rank Riverbelle Terrace as one of the nicer counter service places at DL, but it's definitely just a counter service place. There is seating inside and outside. We just ate there last week! As I recall, there is a chicken salad, a fruit salad, a turkey sandwich, a salmon sandwich, and my favorite - clam chowder or vegetable stew in a bread bowl with a side salad. I always get the clam chowder. We also like the kids meal there because it's one thing our boys will actually eat - a peanut butter sandwich (with our without jelly) on white bread with a side of fruit or chips. They also have several desserts like chocolate cake, cheesecake, etc. The one difference from other CS places is that you get real plates and silverware. I can't imagine how many real forks and knives they have to fish out of the garbage each day.

The day we were there, we ate outside. Remy and Emile (from Ratatouille) came running by. Emile stopped at the garbage can next to us and started poking around. Remy and the handler had to pull him away. If you haven't seen the movie, Remy is the little gourmet rat. His brother, Emile, likes to eat garbage. It was really funny!

The Plaza Inn reminded us A LOT of how the Crystal Palace used to be, before it was changed to constant character buffets.

The River Bell Terrace is the best restaurant at Disneyland Resort, IMO. The breakfast is actually better than what used to be at the Crystal Palace and Hollywood and Vine before they were ruined by.....character buffets. And the dinner menu has some great barbecue chicken and ribs, excellent sides, and the best cornbread I have ever had IN MY LIFE. When I was there people were going back up to the counter and asking for extra side orders of cornbread. The location of the River Bell is also fantastic because it is basically right in between Adventureland, New Orleans Square, and Frontierland.

We really like Riverbelle for the kids menu. It's always a hit with the picky kids and the portions are right.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts