• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

? about rates for POR June 4-12 ?

Daydreamer64

DIS Veteran
My husband called and made reservations for POR for 8 nights June 4-12, 2005. We are AAA members. He did ask if there were any discounts available with our name ( pins, emails ) and the CRO person said no. So he booked with a AAA discount. We are also Disney Visa Card holders and that is the card that he made the reservations with- maybe we got something special for that?

When he got off of the phone he said ( he had written all the rate quotes down as he spoke to the CRO person ), "we got a AAA discount of $109. plus tax = $121 per night". :confused3

Rack rates for thoses dates are listed as $149. / night with AAA discount of 15% that should have been closer to 126 plus tax = $140 per night. :confused3

I thought it was regular season ( June ) and that is what I based my rate expectations on.

Has anyone else gotten that rate for a mod with AAA for that time of year.

Are we responsible if the CRO agent put in the wrong codes or something and gave us the lower rate? I don't want to check-in to find that there has been an error and we have to pay more. :sad2:

TIA

MAN! I added one (1) extra day to our MYW package and was charged $165 + tax. There was no AAA or anything, but wouldn't "rack rate" apply?? We are staying at POR AB in a standard view room June 10-17. Should I question it, or just let it go? It is just one day.

I just booked POFQ today with a AAA discount for 5/31-6/7 and I was given a price of $126/night ($140.49 w/tax), so you did get a better deal... maybe the AP rate like the other poster stated.

We are booked for arriving 8/28 and departing 9/3/05 with AAA and our rate is 119.31 per night. I assume that includes the tax. Total for 6 nights is $716.00.

One thing we asked for was ANY mod with a discount rate for that time period- told them we had AAA and the response was that AAA was $109- w/tax = 121- we did the math :teacher: added back the one day deposit to total $ due and then divided by 8 nights, subtracted the tax and it did come out to $109/night ???

Another thing that we did was to call CRO from our home phone- we don't go through AAA travel because they, in our experience, in person and on the net- hardley ever get a deeper discount- just the standard rate discount for AAA- we were going to make reses on the net but it came up the $126 and I told Dh to call and ask if there was any discount in the system - to which the CRO person said no.

WDW/CRO really confuses me. We ( family ) vacationed with WDW for 9 nights in 2002, for DH and I- we stayed there for a few days in March of 2004 and January of 2005, as well as having a one day trip in the summer of 2004 for the family again. Now we are staying for over a week- maybe we are getting some kind of frequent flyer discount :flower: . At any rate, they should recognise thier repeat return customers with some kind of program for discounts!!??

If you are the "right person" you get a post card or email - which we have not gotten in years and then it had someone elses first name on the card :confused3 . What makes you the right person? I don't know, I wish I knew. Some people on this message board have stated that they ( with codes )are getting mods for around $88 / night for the same time period??? We are signed up for everything disney that we can be to try to get a discount, have visited repeatedly and are Disney visa members as well as AAA members.

I don't know how we got it- I'm glad to have it- I'm just waiting to see if there is a catch like an error or something when we get there. I find it comforting that other AAA members have gotten that rate for the same time period ( another message ).

Good Luck to everyone who calls to try to change the rate- I hope it works for you. Last summer we stayed at a mod and paid $69 / night because of a special code ran in the Savannah newspaper at that time.

When I called to make our ressie I was told that we had a pin code attached to our name. We booked Port Orleans for $79 a night. Our trip is June 8th-15th. The thing is that we had never received a postcard or e-mail about it! So, I guess you never know without asking! princess: :wizard: princess: princess: princess:

OK- here's the deal on our reservation conformation sheet(came in the mail today ) , it says FLA resident- are they extending the FLA residents rate to Ga residents? I know that Royal Pacific @ Universal does this if you book through Loews site and not the parks.
??

I'm going to call and see what's up.

Just got off of the phone with the WDTravel co. I spoke to 2 people at length about the rate and was told it could not be honored becuse we were not FLA residents and that no -they were not extending the rate to Ga residents either. :sad2:

I was VERY nice and understanding but told them that the difference of $17 per night pre tax ( difference between $109 and $126 AAA) ended up being a $136 "misquote" and that was enough $ to feed all 4 of us for 2 days at counter service food places and that would bite into our budget. :guilty:

They asked me to hold and then I was told that they would honor the $109 per night price :cheer2: since I called and was nice and since we could have raised a stink and didn't and it wasn't our fault that the agent misquoted the rates and then comfirmed it as a AAA rate. I wouldn't have been nasty anyway but am so glad that someone there had a little extra pixie dust laying around to share! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter