? about Henley Regatta

kidzmom3

<font color=green>DIS Veteran</font><br><font colo
My DD 14 will be going to England for 3 weeks this summer. The family she is staying with is taking her to the Henley Regatta on the Saturday date. They just emailed me that she will need to have a knee length dress and a hat.

Does anyone know how fancy of a dress it should be? Can it be a cotton sun dress or something much nicer. As I said she will only be 14, but she is a typical American teen who wears mostly short shorts and tank tops during the summer.

No need to be over the top.... It's fairly formal but it's outside on grass so summer dress would be fine.

Thank you. Would a 14 year old really wear a hat? She will be in the Stewards Enclosure.

Hi, you should find these links will help you as they are from the Henley Regatta site.

http://www.hrr.co.uk/spectators/stewards-enclosure/

http://www.hrr.co.uk/spectators/stewards-enclosure/rules/

Just make sure your daughter has a jacket or shrug if it's cool that day. A pretty sundress will be fine, just make sure it's knee length.

It says "Whilst not a requirement, it is customary for ladies to wear hats."

Perhaps a straw sunhat would be nice and not too expensive, and if it's sunny will come in handy!!

My sister went years ago and was on a private boat as a guest.

Hope this helps and your daughter has a lovely time. :)

Sounds really exciting - hope she has a great time.

Just wanted to add - it's freeeeezing here at the moment! She will probably need more than short shorts all the time she is here. My 14 year old loves her shorts and strappy tops, but she has had to give in and dig out her jeans and hoody for the current cold snap. :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter