About Fantasmic!

MouseLover

DIS Veteran
We are debating a trip to DL in the next few months. This (like all of our trips) will be a budget (i.e. as cheap as possible) trip. We will have to fly and want to do DL, DCA, MM, maybe Universal, and all the sights in the area, and drive to Vegas for a night or two.

Here's my question:
Must you pay an extra $41 to see Fantasmic? Is there any "free" seating? I just can't see paying $41 pp when I could use that money for admission for a whole day at another park.
Thanks.

flowerface.GIF
<font face="Comic Sans MS"><font color=navy>Hi Mouselover,

Most of the seating is free. That's the only way I've seen it for the years that Fantasmic has been there.

The actual show is on Tom Sawyers Island - where the mill is. The guests sit or stand (depending on the area you're in) from the Haunted Mansion all the way to where the Riverbelle Terrace is. If you're going to be at DL for multiple days, then I recommend getting in the middle front - where the photo opportunity sign is next to the river - that is prime viewing - but you have to get there about 2 hours before the parade. I've been there @ 6:30 and others are already staking spots. Since I've been there so often, I usually opt to save a space while the family/friends go on rides. I just have them be there by 8pm with snacks or dinner. I usually end up chatting with the other friendly people waiting. JudyfromBoise would rather have fun on the rides than wait hours for the parade, so she'll go to the second show, and stand and watch it. You can see the show either way.

However, I do recommend that if you see the first show, make sure that you're in an area that can see the fireworks (not blocked by the trees - like the Riverbelle Terrace area). After Fantasmic, after a short wait, you'll be able to see the fireworks (though the best spot for them is on Main Street), and the hidden Mickey in them, Tinkerbell, etc.

We went to the 10:30 show on Thursday, June 28, and got a great spot in front of the French Quarter 10 minutes beforehand. We stood on a curb and leaned against the fence. I was glad we hadn't gotten the dessert buffet, only because this was supposed to be a fairly cheapy vacation without my DH (just me and the kids), because we were very happy with our spot. SOMEDAY, I'd like to do the dessert buffet, if it's still around by the time I ever make it there again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter