? about Disney gift/entertainment cards...

tb209

Earning My Ears
Our cruise is not scheduled until January 2014. My husband wants to start purchasing the Disney Gift/Entertainment cards at Target (with the 5% Red Card discount) now to use for on board credit when we sail. Do the cards expire or gradually lose value over time as other gift cards can sometimes do?? I hate to start buying the cards now and then find out they are expired or have decreased value in January. TIA!

Gift cards are those trick little things...

Well the answer, for Disney gift cards, is no. According to their FAQ, their policy is not to expire the cards. I don't know if the Disney Entertainment Cards sold at Target fall under the same policy, but I am pretty confident that is a yes and you are good to go.

But, GC's in general are governed on a state-by-state basis. Some states have no restrictions on how retailers honor gift cards whatsoever. For example, in my state (MD) GCs cant expire or begin losing value for 4 years even if the retailer's policy is to start the expiration click ticking sooner.

The best retailers are those that have said that as long as you have the GC and it has value, it will never diminish, never expire, and won't have any 'fees' associated with each card holding its value. But for everyone else, your state will set boundaries and limits. It is wise for everyone to be familiar with what the laws for your state are if you plan on having gift cards long-term. but with Disney, you should be good. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter