? about Disney Direct BLT waiting list

LOVETHATPOLY

Mouseketeer
I called Disney a few days ago to ask about adding 50 points to our BLT contracts and to my surprise it was sold out. We are a Dec UY and I was put on a waiting list. She told me it was long, but not as bad as California's. I know that nobody here can tell me an exact answer. However, who has been on a waiting list and how fast did you get your points? Do you know if it takes longer when a resort has just sold out? I appreciate any responses. Thanks!

Who knows???

Are they really sold out or is the sales person trying to sell you a different resort? I wonder if they take points from the pool to fill the larger point requests first? They might also get some points back from owners who don't pay their dues this year.

Any luck with resale? What does your sales person say when you tell her that you have no choice but to start looking at resale contracts?

:earsboy: Bill

Well, I was firm that I wanted BLT. We own at BLT and AKL. She told me that BLT was sold out. I explained that I was only looking for BLT. She did say that higher point contracts are picked up faster. I did not mention resell. I do not want to go any higher. I did give her my debit card info if the waiting list comes through. Do you think I should call again?

Well, I was firm that I wanted BLT. We own at BLT and AKL. She told me that BLT was sold out. I explained that I was only looking for BLT. She did say that higher point contracts are picked up faster. I did not mention resell. I do not want to go any higher. I did give her my debit card info if the waiting list comes through. Do you think I should call again?

Disney does not resell contracts so her comment of higher point contracts are picked up faster doesn't make any sense.

Is she telling you that they sell larger contracts first to make money faster?

Disney has a pool of December BLT points, they pull your 50 points from the pool and put them in a contract that they sell you. When they ROFR or foreclose on a BLT contract, they strip the contract and add the points to the December BLT pool.

If you really want to buy direct, I would call her back, mention that you are going to look at resale if she can't get your contract soon.

The vibe she gave me was that if someone wants a 300 point contract with a Dec UY they will get it before my 50 point one. So, the higher I go the better my chances. I still stuck with 50. I have purchased one of our AKL contracts resale. I might call and mention that to her and see if that helps move this along faster. It just seems odd that it only sold out a few weeks ago and that their is a long waiting list. Thanks for helping me out.

The vibe she gave me was that if someone wants a 300 point contract with a Dec UY they will get it before my 50 point one. So, the higher I go the better my chances. I still stuck with 50. I have purchased one of our AKL contracts resale. I might call and mention that to her and see if that helps move this along faster. It just seems odd that it only sold out a few weeks ago and that their is a long waiting list. Thanks for helping me out.

I've been on the DVC wait list twice for add ons at VGC. Once was 75 points, so close to your situation.

From everything I was told by my guide, and from everything I've read on these boards from others on any DVC wait list, what your guide is telling you is not the way things worked in the past. In fact, I called my guide about adding on another 50 at VGC just last month and he could give me an estimate of the wait based on my UY and the # of people ahead of me on the list vs how quickly points had been coming in to DVC via ROFR or foreclosure in the recent past. So what he told me is pretty current.

The list has been purely first come first served. Your name goes on the bottom when you give them your credit card # and then you wait.

In fact, smaller add ons might even be filled BEFORE larger ones. Say you are waiting for 50 points and are 5th on the list for your UY. The four names above you are waiting for contracts in the 250-300 point range.

Then DVC gets a 160 point contract via ROFR. That's not enough to satisfy any of the people ahead of you, so they will carve out 50 points from the 160 and offer it to you. This is sort of how the ROOM wait list system works as well - if you wait list seven nights, and five of those become available, you don't get them. Only when all seven open up are you filled.

My guide even told us, with an earlier add on, to give him a RANGE of points. This way, our name would pop if the lower end of our range came up. So we did. They will take a range as well as a set #, and you can adjust how many you want when your name comes up. It's easier to adjust DOWN, however, since if they offer you say, 100 and you want 50, then they just pass those extra 50 to the next person. But adjusting up doesn't work as well since they would have to find those points somewhere - somewhere not already allocated for you.

I think either the system changed in the last month or your guide is not explaining it right, or is confused himself.

That you for taking the time to respond. I will check back today with my guide.

Good luck to you.

You know, if you feel your guide isn't giving you the service or info you need, you can request a change to another. I've read on the boards that people do that occasionally.

My guide was great. I just got off the phone with her and got my points. Thanks to all of you for helping me out. :)

My guide was great. I just got off the phone with her and got my points. Thanks to all of you for helping me out. :)

Cograts! Getting a small number of points is the best use of buying direct since you have to be super lucky to find what you want resale.

Just out of curiosity, did she clarify what she had said about the place on the wait list being dependent on the number of points you request?

I ask because if I get ROFR'd again, I might do 50 more points direct for VGC and want to make sure I have the rules straight.

With all due respect, from what you told us in this post, you either didn't understand what you were told or your Guide wasn't "great" until you confronted her with the knowledge that you received here.

If the latter is true, I would switch Guides.

I apologize for not explaining it with all of the information. I was just excited. I did not get exactly what I wanted. I mentioned resale as you had stated. Then she told me they had SEPT. and MARCH UY open now without a waiting list. This was new info to me that I did not have the other day. She told me I could purchase now one of those months and still be on a waiting list for DEC. We were ok with March UY for our own reasons. So, you did help me with how to handle the conversation and I appreciate that. I still like my guide. You are very nice with all of your advice. Thanks!!

The guide did not clarify about points and placement on the list. I did ask if I needed to change point numbers to get a better spot or do resale. Next, she jumped to March and Sept being available. I wish you luck finding your points.

I apologize for not explaining it with all of the information. I was just excited. I did not get exactly what I wanted. I mentioned resale as you had stated. Then she told me they had SEPT. and MARCH UY open now without a waiting list. This was new info to me that I did not have the other day. She told me I could purchase now one of those months and still be on a waiting list for DEC. We were ok with March UY for our own reasons. So, you did help me with how to handle the conversation and I appreciate that. I still like my guide. You are very nice with all of your advice. Thanks!!

What counts is that you are happy and that you had the info needed to make an informed decision. We our on our third Guide and now we have one who tells it like it is and doesn't play games to deepen his pockets.

Guides have sales quotas/sales incentives and some will steer you towards buying to maximize their incentive. With our last Guide I was told that I would have to waitlist for a direct buy and offered "what's available now". I gave her a week to find the points or I was buying resale. She found them in 3 days.

In reading some of your posts, you basically are wrong more than 1/2 the time. Why guess when you don't know for sure ?

1. Wait list is first come first serve regardless of points needed
2. guides make the same amount on any sale, its volume not resort so they want to sell you what you want to buy
3. see #1, threats mean nothing, they want you to get the points

Who knows???

Are they really sold out or is the sales person trying to sell you a different resort? I wonder if they take points from the pool to fill the larger point requests first? They might also get some points back from owners who don't pay their dues this year.

Any luck with resale? What does your sales person say when you tell her that you have no choice but to start looking at resale contracts?

Well, it's been a couple of years since I last added on...but here's my experience:

I have three 50-point BCV add-on's (each done separately). I bought all three direct from Disney, and I was wait listed on all three. The longest wait list was three weeks (i.e., I got my points in from 10 days to 3 weeks from going on the wait list).

I don't remember if I gave my guide (who I love) my cc at the time I went on the wait list--probably did. But I do know I had the option of saying "no" prior to actual purchase (when the wait list came through). Of course, I did not say no.

My impression is that VGC is the longest/hardest to get wait list, but that BCV is next...so I would guess that the BLT wait list, no matter how long it is, wouldn't last very long. You could probably get a "feel" by looking at some resale sites to see just how many contracts are for sale...that tells you how much access to points Disney has (through ROFR)...

Of course, you got your points so this "my experience info" is now moot. But in case anyone else is wondering...that's my now two (or maybe it's three) year-old experience...

Have fun w/your points!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter