AAA in September

telaed

Earning My Ears
We are traveling in Sept and I didn't want to wait on "the codes" to make my reservations. I'm joining AAA and I called Disney to book a moderate resort with that discount. I was quoted $114 per night for 4 nights at CB. Without the AAA discount, I was quoted $141 per night. Do you guys think that this is a fair quote? Do the AAA quotes vary season to season.

Thanks for the feedback.

It must vary with the rates for each season, because June stay at Port Orleans with AAA is 129.

Did you ask for a specific view, because I got $104.00 night at POFQ standard view for the 3rd week of september with AAA.

I just called my local AAA office to check on rates at Port Orleans French Quarter for January 2006. First was told that they don't have any discount info available currently for January. But then another guy got on the line and said he'd call and get me the rates. So we'll see what he says.

Instead of calling AAA and booking try calling the WDW Travel Co. . You could get a better rate and you would def. get better service!

I'm definitely going to do that Shelley. The AAA rate that this guy gave me...$1162.00 for 7 nights, which comes out to $166.00 per night. According to everything else I've seen, during that first week of January, the rate is normally $134 a night for POFQ. Doesn't look like I'll be booking through this AAA office. And I told him that I'm not booking right now anyway because I want to get through our Europe trip before I make the WDW plans.

I've heard AAA discounts for the following year don't come out until the summer... maybe that quote was at rack rate?

telaed said:
We are traveling in Sept and I didn't want to wait on "the codes" to make my reservations. I'm joining AAA and I called Disney to book a moderate resort with that discount. I was quoted $114 per night for 4 nights at CB. Without the AAA discount, I was quoted $141 per night. Do you guys think that this is a fair quote? Do the AAA quotes vary season to season.

Thanks for the feedback.

Yes they do. According to Mousesavers discounts at moderates and deluxes are 20% in value season and 15% in regular season

weluvpluto said:
I've heard AAA discounts for the following year don't come out until the summer... maybe that quote was at rack rate?

That's what I figured. So I ask this guy, "what happens when the AAA discounted rates come out? Can I get the lower rate?" He says "hotel rates never go down. The only time they ever go down is when they have trouble filling the rooms and Disney never has that problem."

I don't know who this guy thought he was trying to fool, but it didn't fool me. I think he just wanted to get me to fear that I might end up paying more if I didn't book right away. Even though I told him on several occasions that I wasn't booking until after we got back from Europe anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter