AAA/CAA question

Csaks

DIS Veteran
With our vacation package we get a $50 Activity Credit to be redeemed in the hotel lobby. Can anyone tell me what "Activities" this would include? Can't seem to find a list anywhere. I'm guessing I'll get one at check in but it would be nice to know what it it includes before hand.

that's a new question for me...maybe it is a gift card that is to be used in the hotel or city walk?

check the vacation package write up as it surely would have something listed there to explain activity credit.

if no one answers your question, call UO and ask them

It's not a gift card. It states it is a one time use thing and if we don't use the whole amount in one shot at one place. You lose the balance. It was new to me so I was hoping someone else had some experience with it.
We booked our Universal stay with CAA if that helps.

Exact wording.

"$50 Activity Credit per package, values cannot be combined. Activity Credit is not valid for the purchase of Universal Orlando Gift Cards. This offer is non-transferable, and may not be mechanically reproduced or combined with any other offer, promotion, coupon or discount. Activity Credit value must be used in a single transaction and no remaining unused balance will be retained or returned to the AAA/CAA Member. Activity Credit can be redeemed at the Attraction Ticket Center located in the Lobby of the hotel. Attraction Ticket Center hours vary and are subject to change."

Last edited:
When you go to the universal website and check packages, there are extra "activities" that you can add. I assume this is what they mean. You can go mini putting, spa, dining packages, Blue Man Group, meal and movie, etc.

I was told at the guest counter at RPR that is was for tickets to Blue Man group, movie in CityWalk, putt-putt in City Walk, and either of the Harry Potter restaurants' breakfasts (leaky Cauldron in US and Three Broomsticks in IoA) AS LONG AS you purchase those things from the counter there at the hotel (like pay in advance vouchers)

We used ours for Harry Potter breakfasts, but they could not redeem them in the restaurant, you had to redeem them at the hotel for the prepaid breakfast vouchers. We just changed ours in the night before we wanted to go.

Thank you Kivara. So go to the hotel counter and see what is best for us. Couple of those seem like a good free-bee. lol
Blue Man does nothing for either of us so that one is out.

No problem! There might be a few more, but I do remember being offered those (I think the movie might have been a meal at a participating CityWalk restaurant and the movie).
There is not a lot of information out there. I tried here, through my TA (AAA), and all over the web and found no info about it. When I called the hotel (we stayed at Royal Pacific) they told me all this.

We used ours in June of 2015.

I didn't know they were still offering these...maybe AAA is going to keep doing them, so they have something to offer?

I can't give you more info than I already posted...we just used ours for breakfasts at both the HP spots :) Maybe someone else who has used them will chime in :D

Anyone used this $50 activity voucher recently to know what they are offering? The fine print seems to suggest that Blue Man Group is no longer an option. Only refers to CityWalk mini put and the Dining Package. And makes reference to other activities on site and in Orlando, booked through your hotel's activity desk but doesn't give any examples.

If they still offer the breakfast in Harry Potter land -- might be all over that.

For anyone that was curious too, the answer I got from Guest Services was:

“The $50.00 activity credit can be used to purchase anything offered by our Universal Vacation Planning Desks located in the lobby of your on-site hotel. I would strongly suggest discussing options with the Universal Vacation Planning coordinator to find the most enjoyable activity for your party.”

So the short answer is call the hotel or ask the desk when you get there. But it sounds a bit more promising.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter