A Workaversary Celebration Pre Trip Report

Shrfleen

DIS Veteran
Hi everybody! Welcome to my Workaversary Celebration Pre Trip Report!

You might be asking yourself, "Workaversary?" what's that. Well, let me tell you what is going on...

I have been at my current job for a little over 5 1/2 years. When my boss was trying to think of things to do to celebrate 5 years with the company, she decided to send me (and my sister @SarahSnow) to DISNEY! My boss is a recent DVC owner and thought what better way to use points then to gift a trip! One day she called me into her office to look at dates and the next thing I knew, I was marking my calendar for March!

My boss is covering the cost of our stay at Old Key West (Sunday-Wednesday) and 2 day park tickets for my sister and myself.

Now for some details!

How: Flights from Indianapolis via Southwest. Oh, how I love Southwest. Once we arrive at MCO we will be taking Mears Connect to get to OKW.

When: March 2022

General Plans:
Day 1- Arrival Day. Disney Springs. Resort hopping. Dinner from Olivia's.
Day 2- Epcot with extended evening hours. No special plans but this will be during the first full week of Flower and Garden Festival so I'm sure we will be all over the place!
Day 3- Magic Kingdom. Lunch from The Plaza. Enchantment Post Dessert Party.
Day 4- Departure Day.

I will be sharing some more information about our trip when it gets a little closer and the Flower and Garden information is released.​

Last edited:
Arrival Day Plans

Our flight leaves bright and early and we should make our way to OKW around 10am. We plan on dropping our bags with bell service and booking it over to Disney Springs.
Our plan is to have lunch at Chicken Guy....mmmmm Chicken Guy....

After lunch we plan on doing a little bit of shopping before we go and resort hop.

We have not been to any of the Boardwalk area resorts during our travels, so we decided we would check out: Yacht Club, Beach Club, Boardwalk Inn and then over to the beautiful Riviera Resort.

Once we spend our day hopping around, we plan to place a mobile order for Olivia's Café to get some of that famous chicken!

We will most likely call it an early night because that 6:45am wake up for Genie+ will be right around the corner!​

How exciting! I'm going the end of March and our first day will be Disney Springs as well with dinner at Chicken Guy! Can't wait to read more about your adventures!!!

How exciting! I'm going the end of March and our first day will be Disney Springs as well with dinner at Chicken Guy! Can't wait to read more about your adventures!!!

I could eat Chicken Guy all day everyday. There is somethin special about that place!

Epcot Day

Early entry starts at 9:30 AM for park guest. We will try to arrive to the park around 9AM.

I have no current plan on what we want to accomplish first but we will most likely do the World Showcase first because of the extended hours in the evening. I think I want to give the Spike’s Pollen Nation Exploration a try (depending on what the prize is). Since the menus have not been released yet, here are a few things I would like to try based off of last years menus:

The Citrus Blossom -Orange Bird Sipper
Flavor Full Kitchen- Strawberry mouse
Fleur de Lys - Beignet caramelize
Hanami- Frushi (x2)
Lotus House- Bon Bon chicken skewer and Panda Tea
Pineapple Promenade- Violet Lemonade
Refreshment Port- Popsicle Trio
Sunshine Griddle- cinnamon roll bites
Towel & Trellis -Sweet Corn

I will continue to stalk the Disney Food Blog for menus! I'm not a huge foodie but I'm down to give a few new things a try!

I imagine we will be working our way from the back of the park to the front in the first half of the day. We will take a break sometime in the early afternoon and head back to the resort for a quick rest. When we come back in the evening, I think we will try to avoid the World Showcase crowds and stick to doing the front of park stuff before Harmonious at 9 AM. (I know we will save Frozen Ever After and Remy for the extended evening hours.)

If you have a good Harmonious viewing spot, let me know!

We might stop for a late dinner at Les Halles Boulangerie-Patisserie and maybe quick snack* (a Kakigōri) from Kabuki Café if the weather is hot.

Big Update!
Park hours have been made a little longer at Epcot with a 9AM opening instead of 10AM and Magic Kingdom is now closing at 11PM instead of 9PM. I take this information as...it's going to be BUSY!

So we will keep with the plan to start our day early and take a mid day break and then use those late hours. With Enchantment going off at 8 PM hopefully most people will clear out and we get on some rides!

Magic Kingdom coming sometime this week. We have so much to put into our Magic Kingdom day!​

Last edited:
Reactions: DLo
Magic Kingdom Day

Plan is to try and "maybe" squeeze: Big Thunder Mountain, Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Caribbean in the Early Theme Park Entry time. Hopefully we can secure a Jungle Cruise LL and we will just go from there. As long as we get to ride Jungle Cruise this trip, I will be one happy camper.
We will spend most of the morning doing the various attractions and trying to meet the Princesses at Fairytale Hall.

(Is this not what someone with 1 day in the Magic Kingdom looks like?)

We have an early lunch reservation at The Plaza where I plan on trying the Monte Cristo Sandwich they have for the 50th celebration. It sounds and looks delicious!
After lunch our plan is to watch the afternoon Character Cavalcades. We are going to watch all 3 back to back! Once those are done we will go back to the resort for our break. We actually might end up at Wilderness Lodge (our favorite resort) for our break, since it is only a couple of hours this time round. Who knows, we will play it by ear that day!

Once we make our way back to MK, Sarah wants to try the chicken nachos at Pecos Bill's so we will head there for dinner. Do some attractions while we slowly make our way to Dessert Party check in at 7pm. For the hour before Enchantment, we will probably hang out in the viewing area so we can good a really nice spot.

(Me filling up on Dessert Party treats)

Following Enchantment we will do the After Party Dessert Party. I will make sure my Trip Report includes a lot of information on this because I haven't been able to find a ton of information about the after party. Once the party ends we will try to do any attractions we didn't get on earlier. I haven't really seen any MUST need items from the trip but I'm sure we will mosey around the gift shop before exiting the park. Who knows, we maybe so energized from all the sugar the the dessert party we may hang out to see the Kiss Goodnight (are they still doing that?).

Last edited:
Flower and Garden Festival Update!

Looks like they changed a few things up no chicken bon bon skewer or panda bubble milk tea at Lotus House. But now a Spicy Mala Chicken Skewer and Rose Bubble Milk tea. I think I will try those. Sadly, no popsicle trio. So the Kakigōri will be much needed if it is hot!

Nothing was screaming, YOU MUST EAT ME! Hopefully some vlogers will share their opinions of the food the first few days of the festival before we make it down.​

Small Update

Sarah has decided she no longer wants to hop around the Boardwalk resorts, she wants to go home (Wilderness Lodge).

We compromised and we will still swing over to the Riviera and take a bus from HS to Wilderness Lodge. Boat to MK. Monorail to TCC to Epcot. Bus back to OKW.

Now I can try the 50th petit cake Wilderness Lodge has for the 50th. *YUMM*​

Getting everything SET!

Looking at the weather...it looks like it is going to be slightly above average (90s). Not exactly the weather we were hoping for but we will make it work.
I've packed my water bottle, fan, cooling towel and hat. I just have a few little items to pack and I will be all set!

I'm very excited that my interchangeable ears arrived before my trip! I don't have any regular Magic Kingdom ears, only Christmas themed ones.
I'm still in awe of the 50th ones! I also go a new iridescent bow to go with my 50th ears!

I will do one finale update later this week! I can't believe this time next week I WILL BE AT DISNEY AGAIN!​

WE ARE BACK!

What a whirlwind this trip has been! I will be working on my trip report over the next few days.

I will post the trip report link here, when I get started.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter