A very quick trip - no pics @#$% cell phone charger

ibcindyb

Mouseketeer
I arrived at the B Resort on 11/11 about 8 PM. Loved the hotel.

After unpacking I walked to DTD and had scallops and chips at Cookes of Dublin, I really enjoyed these, it has been years since I've had fried scallops they seem to have fallen from favor. 4*

11/12 - Met my sister at Les Halles in Epcot where we split half a baguette with butter for breakfast. 5*

Lunch at Chefs de France. Patty had French Onion Soup and I had Lobster Bisque then we shared the Quiche that came with a salad. Soups 5* Quiche and Salad 4*

Next up Grey Goose Citron Slushie for me and Grey Goose Passion Fruit Slushie for Patty. 700000*

Dinner we were joined by my BIL and niece at Le Cellier Canada. We were seated on time and we did not find the tables too crowded. My niece had the kids grilled chicken with french fries and green beans, she did not like the chicken and ended up sharing her father's steak. BIL, Denis, had the dry aged Rib Eye with the fingerling potatoes. He and Claire both enjoyed this. Patty and I split the Filet but subbed french fries for the rissoto. We both drowned our steak in Truffle Butter and enjoyed every bite. Dessert, was Maple Cream Brulee and Ice Cream for Clair. None of cared for the bread. Our server was lovely and the meal was well paced. 4.5*

11/13 - Checked out of "B" and they were gracious enough to keep my bag for the day as I had arrived via public transportation. Grabbed a cab to Animal Kingdom Lodge ($23 including tip) and met Patty for breakfast at Boma.
Always a great choice I enjoy being to include grilled asparagus and broiled tomatoes with my breakfast. The goat cheese scrambled eggs were delicious. We both enjoyed this meal and had to force ourselves to stop eating before we became too uncomfortable. 4*

Patty and I split as she was off to join Denis and Claire at MK, and I headed back to Epcot.

First beverage Sangria in Italy, full bodied and full of fruit, maybe a bit heavy. 3 *

Lunch - Spice Road Table - I ordered the Mogador Sampler after being assured by my excellent server Mohamed Ali that it would not be too much food. I also consulted with him about beer and chose Efes from Turkey. My sampler consisted of calamari fried crisp and paired with an aoili, about 10 small mussels with a tomato parsley garnish and two pieces of fried cod with an olive tapenade on the side. This dish was excellent and surprising (I would never have thought about olive tapenade with fish. The beer was a perfect accompaniment. 5*

I people watched some more then headed to Port Orleans French Quarter where I hopped the boat to DTD where Claire had an appointment at Bibbidi Boutique. My daughter Angela and two grandsons, Joey and Michael met us there. Claire ditched her Elsa gown after about 15 minutes of picture taking.

The 7 of us then headed to Wolfgang Puck Express for dinner.

There was a lot of sharing going at this meal. We ordered two kids cheese pizzas, a four cheese pizza, a fennel sausage pizza, ravioli, half chicken and 4 creme brulee. I always look forward to meals at WPE, but this just didn't quite live up to standard, perhaps an off night. 2.5*

So that's it a lot of food in a short time.

It was a wonderful family time.

you said it in your last sentence...great family time..

Thanks so much for your reviews..I can see it in my mind and yum..almost taste it in my mouth...you did good..

Thanks again

I might have to stop at Spice Road table just for the beer. I lived in Turkey for some time and enjoyed Efes.

Great review. Glad to see a good review for Le Cellier, I've seen so many negative ones lately I was starting to get worried.

Thank you for your responses Pumba and Hddanis. They are much appreciated. I have been lurking on this board for a couple of years and wanted to give back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter