A Vent About Amazon

OceanAnnie

I guess I have a thing against
First of all, I have loved Amazon. I've gotten some great deals and have been very happy with them. Now for the vent. I got a Mega Rig Space Ship from Amazon. It came fast enough. I checked the contents and there is no box for the Space Ship. There is just pieces and parts thrown willy-nilly in the shipping box! There are instructions, but still. How would that look under the tree? I suspect it was a return because a number of the parts are not bagged and few parts look kind of used, with scratches on the plastic. So I'm not too happy about it. :headache:

I haven't called them yet. I'm just disappointed about it. It isn't what I expected. My DS hasn't seen this toy before and I wanted it to look nice under the tree. I don't like that is a jumble of pieces and looks used. Ugh. :headache: I will probably get something else and return it. Very disappointed.

Oh well, one bad experience out of many. I hope this never happens again!

My most recent order to them was not shipped to my home. I received a phone call from someone saying that they received a package with my name and their address. It was my order that was send two streets behind me. I am just thankful that the person that received it thought enough to look in the phone book to try to see who it belonged to. Amazon suggested that she ship the stuff back to them. It could have been a nightmare getting my things, but the kindness of a stranger helped out. This was my first Amazon snafu, though. Sorry you had problems, I would contact them if you feel the item is used.

Good luck!

First of all, I have loved Amazon. I've gotten some great deals and have been very happy with them. Now for the vent. I got a Mega Rig Space Ship from Amazon. It came fast enough. I checked the contents and there is no box for the Space Ship. There is just pieces and parts thrown willy-nilly in the shipping box! There are instructions, but still. How would that look under the tree? I suspect it was a return because a number of the parts are not bagged and few parts look kind of used, with scratches on the plastic. So I'm not too happy about it. :headache:

I haven't called them yet. I'm just disappointed about it. It isn't what I expected. My DS hasn't seen this toy before and I wanted it to look nice under the tree. I don't like that is a jumble of pieces and looks used. Ugh. :headache: I will probably get something else and return it. Very disappointed.

Oh well, one bad experience out of many. I hope this never happens again!

I looked at the same item to order for my son and I remember that they know have a special type of shipping for toys so the parts aren't all attached with those annoying twist ties.

Did you order from the Traditional Packaging or the Frustration Free packaging page?

There are two ways that this item can be ordered. If you ordered the "Frustration Free", that is the way that it is supposed to come. They even show the original box that they call "Traditional Packaging Debris" and next to it, the box and packaging that it will be shipped in called "Frustration Free Packaging". In the picture they also show some of the items in the plain brown box not wrapped in plastic, so I think that is how it is supposed to be.

Amazon it going to start shipping many of their items this way to eliminate waste and the frustration with opening plastic packaging.

Did you order from the Traditional Packaging or the Frustration Free packaging page?

There are two ways that this item can be ordered. If you ordered the "Frustration Free", that is the way that it is supposed to come. They even show the original box that they call "Traditional Packaging Debris" and next to it, the box and packaging that it will be shipped in called "Frustration Free Packaging". In the picture they also show some of the items in the plain brown box not wrapped in plastic, so I think that is how it is supposed to be.

Amazon it going to start shipping many of their items this way to eliminate waste and the frustration with opening plastic packaging.

I did not order "Frustration Free". It was anything but, "Frustration Free". There was no choice. I actually like getting the box the items come in especially for this type of toy. It shows the kids what the item can look like assembled. And it looks better for presentation. Additionally the scratches on the plastic definitely makes the item appear used. I'm packing it up now and sending it back.

Yep, that's it. Still, it doesn't look new. And that's a problem.

That really does stink I would send it back too. My ds has that toy and loves it. I would have ordered the frustration free because it was a pain to get out but I definitely would have expected it to be contained in something and then put in the shipping box.

They recently sent me the rose petal cottage & the box was just.. all ripped & torn apart. The inside pieces are still sealed (I think) but I don't know what the heck happened to it before they sent it to me.

I guess you learn something new everyday. I've never even heard of frustration free packaging. Of course, the pictures were very plain, but that's certainly not how I would want to present a gift to someone. I'll make sure I watch Amazon carefully when I order from now on.

I also have never heard of the frustration free packaging. I had the same thing happen to me with an item I received last week. I went back to the page I ordered it from and did a "ctrl f" and searched for the term "frustration" and there was nothing on the page about it....

Anyway, I ordered a Fisher Price toy for my 7 month old. I then went to a mommy message board that I'm part of and let my mommy friends know that the toy was 60% off and provided a link for them to order if they wanted to. The same page I ordered from. I was the first to receive mine and it was just thrown in the box. I inspected it thoroughly and everything looked brand new and never used. We were missing 1 screw, but it was easier for me to go to Lowe's and pick up a screw for it than to deal with the hassle of returning it.

I asked ladies on the message board that also ordered the item how theirs came packaged and mine was the only one that came this way. I e-mailed Amazon and told them I was frustrated with it because when we opened it, the contents spilled all over the whole living room and the screws went flying, also (could be how we ended up with 1 missing, but I searched thoroughly for it). Amazon offered a 20% refund. If you don't want to return it this close to Christmas, I would at least ask for a partial refund for your trouble. It's bothersome to receive a package like that.

If you contact Amazon, they should send you a prepaid shipping label to return the item since it was damamged/used and in the meantime send you a replacement. I recently received 2 damaged items and had no problems getting replacements.

I applaud Amazon and their "frustration free" packaging! I cannot tell you how much I despise toy packaging. And clean up is such a mess-- I'm always paranoid about leaving a twist tie out by accident.

I just bought the Little Mommy Gotta Go Doll in the frustration free box. Yes, it's plain and boring. But I think my daughter will be even more surprised when she actually opens the box. Another bonus, it was over $20 less expensive than the doll in regular packaging (in-store and on amazon).

I applaud Amazon and their "frustration free" packaging! I cannot tell you how much I despise toy packaging. And clean up is such a mess-- I'm always paranoid about leaving a twist tie out by accident.

I just bought the Little Mommy Gotta Go Doll in the frustration free box. Yes, it's plain and boring. But I think my daughter will be even more surprised when she actually opens the box. Another bonus, it was over $20 less expensive than the doll in regular packaging (in-store and on amazon).

Amen! Who cares what the box looks like! Its going into the garbage. Should the plastic packaging and twist ties spend eternity in a landfill so it can look pretty on Christmas morning?

Personally, I am a huge fan of the frustration free packaging. I hope that they come from the manufacter in pieces and that it saves production of those plastic bags and twist ties.

Lara

I have never had a problem with Amazon, when I buy FROM amazon. At times, I have purchased from sellers on amazon and had issues.

We just got something today, with FRUSTRATION FREE packaging and it was fine. it did look crazy...but if it saves a tree, or puts less TRASH in our landfills..i'm all for it.

Why don't you set up the item yourself, (will save time christmas morning anyway) and put a nice bow around it, or find a large plastic tote that you can set it in wrap it up and then reuse the tote later to store things in around your house. So when your kiddo opens it. He will see it all put together.

I have never had a problem with Amazon, when I buy FROM amazon. At times, I have purchased from sellers on amazon and had issues.

We just got something today, with FRUSTRATION FREE packaging and it was fine. it did look crazy...but if it saves a tree, or puts less TRASH in our landfills..i'm all for it.

Why don't you set up the item yourself, (will save time christmas morning anyway) and put a nice bow around it, or find a large plastic tote that you can set it in wrap it up and then reuse the tote later to store things in around your house. So when your kiddo opens it. He will see it all put together.

Because the pieces were scratched and the toy looked used. :( Maybe the scratches came from being jostled around hitting one another in transit. I imagine that's a big reason for the packaging to keep the pieces from being lost and/or damaged. I don't know. It didn't look like something I wanted to put under the tree.

I understand some people like the Frustration Free packaging. Some won't. We all have our reasons. It's not a right or wrong thing. :hippie:

Anyway, it's gone and I'm happy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter