A Veggie and a Meat Lover vs Dlx Dining, June 8-18, Closing Thoughts 11/12

shippedtosea

DIS Veteran
Hey,

We just got back from our Honeymoon is WDW and I have decided to do my first food review! We were down there for 11 days, June 8-18. (wow thats a lot of food) We decided on the Dlx plan because of how many signature restaurants we wanted to try.

Meet us!
jenn_and_luke-75.jpg

I'm Jenn, 24, a vegetarian and DH is Luke , 29, who will eat anything.

We researched everything before this trip so that I didn't have to deal with the typical veggie dishes that I usually get thrown (yes some places I did have to deal with this) So I used, allears.net (Kitty is awesome), the boards (of course) and I also filled out a dietary request form (surprisingly helpful) This is their number just in case you need it, 407-824-5967. You leave a message and then they call you back (usually within a day) then you fill out a form with all your dietary restriction. for whatever reason you need to put it as an allergy? :confused3 but it works none the less. Most places are use to this and work very well with you.(and some FAIL!) I also got to speak to some chef's before the trip which made me feel a lot better. (though somehow some of the places it was as if I didn't even bother!)

okay with that all said, I hope you'll follow along with our crazy dining adventures.

Hiiiiii!!!! Congrats!!!!! So happy to see you over here on the dining boards!!! CAN'T WAIT to read your reviews, and hear all about your trip!!! :yay::yay::banana::banana::thumbsup2

I'm always interested in seeing how other vegetarians and vegans do when they visit the world. Count me in!

You can count on me!! BTW, you 2 look super "cool" :love:
hahha thanks! the photo is from our engagement photo session.
Hiiiiii!!!! Congrats!!!!! So happy to see you over here on the dining boards!!! CAN'T WAIT to read your reviews, and hear all about your trip!!! :yay::yay::banana::banana::thumbsup2
Thanks dear!
popcorn:: joining in popcorn::

I'm in!:thumbsup2 Looking forward to your reviews!

I'm always interested in seeing how other vegetarians and vegans do when they visit the world. Count me in!

Welcome Welcome! Thanks for joining. I will start the reviews soon I promise. I actually had to do work at work today! :eek:

I'm in. We are planning on the DxDP for our anniversary and while I'm no longer a strict vegitarian I still enjoy veggie meals so I can't wait to hear all about it.

Congratz on your wedding and your wonderful Disneymoon,You Guys look Like Rock Stars, I am so looking forward to your review my 4yr old son and I are going Deluxe, so we cant wait to hear your review!

Yay!!!! Another Dlx Dining review! We always do the deluxe plan and :love: it!
Welcome!
I'm in. We are planning on the DxDP for our anniversary and while I'm no longer a strict vegitarian I still enjoy veggie meals so I can't wait to hear all about it.
There are some very good veggie meals at Disney....even DH had one!
Congratz on your wedding and your wonderful Disneymoon,You Guys look Like Rock Stars, I am so looking forward to your review my 4yr old son and I are going Deluxe, so we cant wait to hear your review!
Thank you and welcome!

Just so you know....I started this at like 8am but my computer at work is SO slow it took forever.

hey all! So I will attempt to keep the rest of the report out as I am doing a full report (link on my tag) One thing that probably will be a running theme here so I might as well share. I am a veggie but I am also a 'tad' picky. So I put on my dietary request that I was allergic to mushrooms because I HATE them..(and they are the base for most veggie meals....:sad2:) and I tend to take cucumbers out of everything. hahaha

Day 1

So I made sure we had a crazy early flight and we were at the Wilderness Lodge at 11:30 for check in! Soon after we were starving and on our way to DTD. DH of course wanted to go to Earl. (why is this place always insane?) so I apologize for the terrible way to start the review...but i forgot to take pictures. :eek: so you'll just have to visualize the awesomeness of our sandwiches.

I got the Veggie - Feta cheese, lettuce, roma tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, roasted red peppers and Mediterrean Dressing. (-cucumbers), Diet Coke and Potato Salad
Both were awesome and nice and fresh. It is hard to find a good veggie sandwich that isn't boring or dry but this was perfect (I want one right now)

DH got The Earl's Club - Roast turkey, bacon, Swiss cheese, lettuce and tomato. potato chips and Fanta. He said it was really good. He is a picky bread eater so he usually is happy as long as its white bread, so he was happy.

2 credits

So after much shopping we had 7:05 ADR at Artist Point, this was our first time here and it was nice to eat at our hotel.
IMG_2736.jpg

we arrived a touch early (which would be a theme of this trip!) but were seated immediately. There was barely anyone there and we got a nice seat near the window. We were surprised with personal menus!
IMG_2737-1.jpg

IMG_2738-1.jpg

This made me very happy, our waitress was also EXTREMELY nice and accommodating. On our ticket was my "allergy" and she said there were vegetarian items on the menu but if I wanted something different they could accommodate me.
IMG_2740.jpg

I took one of these every meal....SO DH at Artist Point!

The chef came out pretty quickly and talked me through the menu. I decided that the options on the menu sounded good to me and just went with it.

Right away the chef sent over this!
IMG_2741.jpg

This was a cold carrot soup with cream. it was very different but very good. it was in a shot glass which was funny because.....the spoon barely fit into the glass and I didn't want to just drink it haha.

We ordered drinks! SO I can't seem to find the new Disney generic bar menu. Recently all Disney restaurants have to serve the same drinks menu....but I guess its too new to be online. Anyone finds it let me know or this will be a running theme as well.
I got a raspberry, frozen type drink
IMG_2747.jpg

DH got a coffee flavored one
IMG_2748.jpg

IMG_2743.jpg

Bread and sea salt butter (which i'm now obsessed with)
so for my app Grilled Zuckerman Farms Asparagus - with Hazelnut-Brown butter vinaigrette, and shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano
IMG_2750.jpg

which was AMAZING. I have craved this app ever since I had it, thats how good is was. Even DH who hates asparagus loved it. The sauce I could have drank. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

DH had Venison Pot Stickers - with Tamarind Ponzu. He had never had Venison but gave it a shot, he loves most meats.
IMG_2749.jpg

He also loved it. He said he was a little nervous to order it because he didn't know what to expect but it was fantastic.

So for some reason only at Artist Point do you get an extra side with your meal as part of the dining plan.

For my entree I got House-made White Truffle Gnocchi - with Tomato-Fennel Broth, Cherry Tomatoes, Arugula, and Parmesan Reggiano
IMG_2751.jpg

and
Sweet Potato Hazelnut Gratin
IMG_2752.jpg

The entree was very good. I would later become sick of meals like this but this was cooked really well and extremely filling. (I also LOVE Gnocchi) The Sweet Potato was okay. The Hazelnuts were a little too much with the sweet potato. I love sweet potato and I just thought the nuts were over doing it, it was very sweet. and I was getting very full.

DH got Signature Cedar copper Plank Wild Roasted KIng Salmon - With spring vegetables Orange-Soy Buerre Blanc and Parsley oil
IMG_2753.jpg

and
Truffle Fries
IMG_2754.jpg

So apparently this fish is only available 4 weeks out of the year? so it kind of hooked DH in! He isn't huge on fish but said this was amazing and just fell apart. The fries were the best fries we had ever tried. There is no way to describe them but awesome, so you'll have to just try them. Please note that while these are just fries the dipping sauce has bacon in it...but I think you can ask for it without because its just on top.

Before Dessert came our Server brought us some dessert wine. I don't like wine but it was so nice of her....I tried a little but DH said it was awesome.
IMG_2759.jpg

IMG_2757.jpg

for dessert DH had Artist Point Cobbler - Seasonal berries and housemade black raspberry ice cream
IMG_2761.jpg

which he devoured so I think he liked it

I got the a raspberry moouse which doesn't seem to be on ANY menus? (I will check if I took the dessert menu with us when I get home)
it has fresh berries and I think Vanilla ice cream.
IMG_2760.jpg

It was nice and light and a great ending, as I was way too stuffed (pattern..)

4 credits

The food at Artist was amazing and so was the staff. It was such an enjoyable meal and we compared our meal there to every other meal. We would definitely go back, in fact its mandatory for our 1 year anniversary trip! If you have a chance to come here, you really should. its worth every penny. (or Dining point!)

I've always been curious as to what Artist Point actually looks like inside, and what the food looks like. Now I know, thanks! You two are a very cute couple, and congrats on getting married! I loved that they brought out special menus for you guys.

Ooh! That all looks yummy~!:thumbsup2

Looking forward to eating at Artist Point in August even more now :lovestruc

Great reviews and I agree - you are adorable!:)

I am so excited. I am really looking at Artist's Point. That asapagus looks amazing, can't wait to hear/see more.

Hi
Congratulations!!! You two are a really cute couple!! I'm vegetarian also, so I always like to read about other veggie meals.

Loved your Artists Point review. That place is on our list and almost everything you ordered are things I figure we would order if they are still on the menu. My hubby loves anything with venison and I figure I will end up with the gnocci or salmon depending on whether I'm in a fish mood and the truffle fries so your review was perfect :thumbsup2

Great start!! Loved your Artist Point review!!! I thought it was SUPER cool that we got to order a side as well. We did the mac and cheese and let me tell you, it was freaking spectacular!! They also gave us little shooters of gazpacho which we sipped but didn't finish. Your raspberry mousse looks sooo good! I wish I had tried that! Can't wait to read more. :goodvibes:goodvibes

I've always been curious as to what Artist Point actually looks like inside, and what the food looks like. Now I know, thanks! You two are a very cute couple, and congrats on getting married! I loved that they brought out special menus for you guys.
You should def try it, I think that isnt and underrated signature. Thank you so much. It was super nice of them and made our first night extra special.
Ooh! That all looks yummy~!:thumbsup2

Looking forward to eating at Artist Point in August even more now :lovestruc

Great reviews and I agree - you are adorable!:)
Thanks!
I am so excited. I am really looking at Artist's Point. That asapagus looks amazing, can't wait to hear/see more.
I want the asparagus again......I wish they would deliver to chicago. :rotfl:
Hi
Congratulations!!! You two are a really cute couple!! I'm vegetarian also, so I always like to read about other veggie meals.
Thank you very much. Before I left I was searching for other veggie reviews and only found a few now that i'm back it seems like there are a lot! We are taking over ;)
Loved your Artists Point review. That place is on our list and almost everything you ordered are things I figure we would order if they are still on the menu. My hubby loves anything with venison and I figure I will end up with the gnocci or salmon depending on whether I'm in a fish mood and the truffle fries so your review was perfect :thumbsup2
Thanks!
I'm in, better late than never! popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::
Welcome!
Great start!! Loved your Artist Point review!!! I thought it was SUPER cool that we got to order a side as well. We did the mac and cheese and let me tell you, it was freaking spectacular!! They also gave us little shooters of gazpacho which we sipped but didn't finish. Your raspberry mousse looks sooo good! I wish I had tried that! Can't wait to read more. :goodvibes:goodvibes
Thank you. I was very surprised that she said we got a side....because none of the other signature offered them. (personally I can't get that much food anyway!!) The mousse was really good, though I don't know if its new or was just a seasonal thing? because I don't know what they call it because its not on any menus I can find.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter