• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"A Timeshare Broker" or "GMAC"

Disney refers folks to GMAC in return for a 50% share of GMAC's commission -- not because of the quality of service! It's a money thing. There is nothing wrong with that, incidentally -- real estate brokerages split commissions all the time. But don't misunderstand DVC's motivation -- DVC's "preference" is to get 50% of the commission.

Bill is right, GMAC tries to make some of it back with their $195 "administrative fee," which is essentially a fee for nothing.

I think that GMAC has a big inventory of resales because Disney steers people to them. For our last resale it seemed that GMAC had more contracts with banked points than the other resale companies. I was a bit nervous about using them but took a chance after I read good things about Rachel. All went fine, just like when we used TTS and one other company. We negotiated with the sellers regarding the $195.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter